Yellowbrick Data is a modern cloud Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are a flexible multi-cloud solution, winning customers with our incredible speed and controllable costs. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos and healthcare firms, all of whom depend on our products to make critical decisions quickly without compromising the security of their data. Yellowbrick is well- funded with $248m raised from top-tier venture firms.
The Director of IT will be responsible for determining current and future Enterprise Services and Infrastructure vision, operations and execution. This role will oversee design and implementation as well as maintenance and support of information systems that support the enterprise infrastructure of the organization. This includes overseeing Yellowbrick’s unified communication and collaboration apps, identity and access management, and end-user computing. This includes setting architectural direction for the organization and aligning to meet global business needs, ensuring flexible, modern technologies to support various compliance, privacy and security policies and procedures. This position reports to the Vice President of Product operations and will lead the delivery of technology operations and services across Yellowbrick.
The ideal candidate is an innovative leader with excellent analytical abilities and judgment who can set and deliver on the Information Technology team's technical objectives that support the company's overall goals. This person will have deep experience deploying and supporting cloud-native solutions with experience scaling the function, and maturing operations to up level security and ensure adherence to compliance frameworks such as SOC2, SOX and PCI.
- Build a high-performance team of employees and service providers to deliver a quality set of coordinated global services with alignment to standard processes, tools, and service levels
- Maintain high service levels while effectively supporting engineering intensive projects delivered by globally distributed teams
- Mature IT Operations processes and tooling: Incident Management, Support Management, Problem Management etc.
- Develop vision and roadmap for IT Infrastructure services such as Helpdesk, Unified Communications, Collaboration, EndPoint Management, Identity and Access Management etc.
- Help mature Corporate Security capabilities and compliance, building a roadmap and executing on security related projects
- Oversee the IT infrastructure in Yellowbrick offices, corporate data centers, and cloud resources
- Participate in SOX readiness assessment and establish IT controls as needed while maturing our risk management capabilities including disaster recovery and BCP
- Develop and scale DevOps and Release capabilities to ensure high quality and secure releases
- Research and evaluate emerging technology, industry and market trends to assist in project development and/or operational support activities and provide recommendations based on business relevance, appropriate timing and deployment
- Interface with business stakeholders and leaders in each functional area to define support initiatives and solutions for improving service efficiency and effectiveness
- Ability to coach and mentor a team to deliver outstanding results. Development of and ensuring staff alignment to IT policies and procedures to ensure consistent quality of service
- Deep interest in technology trends and awareness of the evolution of enterprise platforms
- Proven track record of developing and managing IT Services, SLAs, and 24/7/365 data center operations.
- Possess solid project management skills, can set and manage expectations well, work effectively with others, and engender a planning/proactive mindset within the team.
- 10+ years of progressively increasing leadership responsibility in IT Operations and services areas that include delivery of cloud services.
- Proven ability to effectively lead and meet business objectives in a global, collaborative and high-performance work environment.
- Advanced knowledge of enterprise architecture in the area of IaaS, identity and access management (IAM), endpoint management, collaboration platforms and security technology.
- Change management knowledge and ability to operate effectively in fast paced environment.
- Understanding of IT Service Management (ITSM) and the IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) frameworks.
- Demonstrated experience in vendor management and capacity planning in a fast growth environment.
- Knowledgeable in compliance and information security (SOC 2, ISO 27001, HIPAA).
- Knowledgeable in modern technology stacks and cloud applications.
- Excellent team management, coaching, and mentoring skills.
- Business acumen with the ability to understand business priorities, operations, and IT enablement potential.
- Salary Range: $175-$240K/year with Bonus and Equity