Senior Solutions Engineer
Yellowbrick Data is a modern cloud Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are a flexible multi-cloud solution, winning customers with our incredible speed and controllable costs. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos and healthcare firms, all of whom depend on our products to make critical decisions quickly without compromising the security of their data. Yellowbrick is well- funded with $248m raised from top-tier venture firms.
Our company vision is laser-focused on giving customers back full control of their data, associated costs, risk, and infrastructure flexibility. The Yellowbrick Federal Solutions Engineer will act as a trusted advisor to our prospects and customers working in tandem with hard working teams including Sales, Business Development, Product Management, Customer Success and Support. This individual is ultimately responsible for managing and delivering on all activities related to the technical presales cycle. These includes RFPs, presentations, demonstrations, POCs, tradeshows and customer events.
- Uncover business and technical challenges faced by the customer and be able to map them to the unique value of Yellowbrick’s platform through targeted discovery sessions and workshops
- Work hands-on with customers and prospects to demonstrate and communicate the value of Yellowbrick’s technology throughout the sales cycle from demo, to proof of concept, to design and implementation
- Confidently present and articulate the platform benefits, both business and technical, to all levels within an organization including executives, analysts, data engineers, and DBA
- Understand competitive and complimentary technologies, vendors, and partners and learn how to position Yellowbrick in relation to them
- Collaborate with product management, engineering, and marketing to help guide Yellowbrick’s products to industry domination
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a sales engineering or consulting role for a SaaS company, with a deep understanding of the data analytic ecosystem and the Federal Market
- Outstanding presentation skills for both technical and executive audiences
- Exceptional self-motivation, problem solving, organizational, and decision making, collaboration skills, and ability to multitask in a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong understanding of cloud database concepts and architecture and excellent SQL skills including writing, debugging and optimizing
- Comprehensive experience in architecting data models for Cloud Data Warehouses
- University degree in computer science, engineering, mathematics or related field, or equivalent experience
- Ability to travel 25-50% of the time
- AWS, Azure, or GCP Certifications a plus
- Working knowledge of Unix, Kubernetes, and Docker a plus
- Programming and scripting skills: shell, Python, etc. a plus
- Infrastructure as Code (IaC) technologies such as Terraform or Cloud formation a plus
- Security clearance is preferable
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Yellowbrick Data also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Yellowbrick Data.
To all recruitment agencies: Yellowbrick Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Yellowbrick Data employees or any other organization location. Yellowbrick Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.