Accounts Payable (temporary)
Yellowbrick Data is a modern cloud Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are a flexible multi-cloud solution, winning customers with our incredible speed and controllable costs. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos and healthcare firms, all of whom depend on our products to make critical decisions quickly without compromising the security of their data. Yellowbrick is well- funded with $248m raised from top-tier venture firms.
We are seeking an experienced, hard-working, detailed oriented Account Payable professional with a positive, can-do attitude for a temporary position covering for an employee on leave. This position will play an important role in the accounting process and will work closely with the finance team.
Expected time period: December 11, 2023 – April 5, 2024
- Setup vendors and maintain vendor records in NetSuite
- Process vendor invoices and payments in NetSuite
- Obtain proper approval and verify goods/services received
- Code invoices to the proper G/L accounts and departments
- Research, track and resolve discrepancies on invoices and payments
- Establish, develop and maintain vendor relationships
- Accrue and record sales and use tax on appropriate invoices
- Assist with month end close and balance sheet reconciliation
- Monitor accounting email box and respond to the inquiries
- Manage approved purchase requests in Zip
- Prepare weekly payment proposal report for review and approval
- Facilitate wire payments and foreign currency purchases
- 3+ years of Accounts Payable experience required
- High school diploma or GED required; associate or bachelor’s degree preferred
- Excellent computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook) required
- NetSuite experience a huge plus
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and oral communication skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Exhibit a positive attitude and enjoy working in a collaborative startup environment
Salary Range: $30.00 - $35.00 per hour
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Yellowbrick Data also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Yellowbrick Data.
To all recruitment agencies: Yellowbrick Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Yellowbrick Data employees or any other organization location. Yellowbrick Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.