Yellowbrick Data is a modern cloud Data Warehouse start-up headquartered in Silicon Valley. We are a flexible multi-cloud solution, winning customers with our incredible speed and controllable costs. Our technology is used by the world’s largest insurers, credit card companies, telcos and healthcare firms, all of whom depend on our products to make critical decisions quickly without compromising the security of their data. Yellowbrick is well- funded with $248m raised from top-tier venture firms.
We’re a driven R&D team building the best database in the world for data warehousing: We innovate in all areas of the software stack, from operating systems through to user interface and everything in between. Our technology is elastic and horizontally scalable and supports business critical operations. It runs both on-premises and in the cloud.
We are looking for a motivated software engineer to help develop our data warehouse microservices. You’ll be working on new storage, query execution, code compilation plus optimization, or data movement/access microservices. You’ll have the opportunity to work in all areas of our software stack which includes almost every aspect of computer science and distributed systems programming.
You love computer architecture, data structures, massively parallel algorithms, multicore programming, and performance analysis and optimization. You have a flair for inventing solutions that generate more efficient machine instructions, can debug the hardest issues around concurrency, and relish the exploration and mastery of large complex code. You’ll own your development end-to-end – being responsible for design, development and testing features. You take initiative and are always on the lookout for new technology that can make a difference – and love to share such things with your team members. Perhaps most importantly, you love to get things done, ship products and see it solving business problems that benefit thousands of users around the world.
- Design, develop and test data warehouse microservices and/or hybrid/multi-cloud control plane microservices
- Help troubleshoot and fix issues reported by customers
- We are looking for a new college graduate in Computer Science (Bachelors/Masters) or someone with no more than 2 years of work experience in software development
- Strong knowledge in one or more of the following programming languages: C, C++, Java, Python
- Strong debugging skills with LLDB or GDB
- Experience developing software for Linux
- Fundamental computer science – as many of these as possible:
- Hashing, sorting, searching, aggregation
- Distributed algorithms
- File systems and storage APIs
- Operating systems – kernels, threading, scheduling, memory management
- Networking fundamentals – TCP/IP
- Multi-core programming and memory models
- Compilers – front end, internals or back-ends
- SQL and relational databases
- Internals of open source or commercial databases
- Strong working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, Helm
- Experience with cloud APIs and cloud technologies is a plus
- Eager to learn and not afraid to dive into new areas of the software stack
We encourage people from underrepresented groups to apply. Come advance with us! In keeping with our values, no employee or applicant will face discrimination/harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, or veteran status. Yellowbrick Data also strives to prevent other, subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (e.g., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our organization. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Yellowbrick Data.
To all recruitment agencies: Yellowbrick Data does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to Yellowbrick Data employees or any other organization location. Yellowbrick Data is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.