Business Development, Senior Director/Vice President (West)
Viz.ai is the pioneer in the use of AI algorithms and machine learning to increase the speed of diagnosis and care, covering more than 200 million lives across 1,200+ hospitals and health systems in the U.S. and Europe. The AI-powered Viz Platform is an intelligent care coordination solution that identifies more patients with a particular disease, informs critical decisions at the point of care, and optimizes care pathways and helps improve outcomes. Backed by clinical data, the Viz Platform delivers significant value to patients, providers, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies. The company was named to the Forbes 2021 Next Billion-Dollar Startups list of the 25 fastest-growing venture-backed startups and has been on the Forbes AI 50 list for three consecutive years. For more information visit viz.ai.
Viz.ai is seeking a world-class professional to Identify, qualify and close partnership opportunities within the Life Science space. This BD professional will be responsible for providing global business leadership and managing the execution of new partnerships in the Life Science space.
You will be expected to build and grow relationships with senior executives at target partners, working with these stakeholders to fully understand their needs. You will be expected to sell partners on how Viz’ unique and target specific solutions can serve these needs through partnerships and then fully execute these partnerships from proposal through contract.
The ideal candidate will be highly curious, team oriented and customer centric. You must be a self-starter who is prepared to own, define, develop and execute new and complex partnerships.
- Identify, articulate and demonstrate the value proposition to potential partners
- Create and manage plans consistent with the overall corporate strategic plan that includes prospecting, promoting and developing key strategies for growing and maintaining key partnerships
- Collaborate with internal teams, Clinical Affairs, Business Development and Product Teams, to develop and implement detailed action plans for targeted sales strategies
- Develop, execute and track sales motion in the SaaS sales cycle from lead to close
- Planning over a six-month timeframe, build and maintain a targeted list of partners
You will love this job if:
- You love the challenge of finding the fit of advanced technology and clinical care coordination with MedTech portfolios
- You love a fast-paced, creative team and are resourceful and enjoy active networking
- You enjoy the balance of working from home combined with travel for client, conference and team meetings
- You enjoy learning and going deep in new disease areas
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred, or equivalent job-related experience
- 10+ years of consultative life science sales, partnership or business development experience in medtech or healthcare software
- Broad intelligence of the medtech environment across key disease areas especially neuro, vascular and cardio with sense of future trends and impact
- Experience in selling or consulting to life science companies required
- Available and willing to work and travel some weekends and evenings
- Travel estimated at >50%
What success looks like:
- After first month, you are verse in core Viz offerings, MedTech partner positioning and ability to autonomously engage executive client leaders
- Formation of strong relationships, both external and internal to enable growth and commercial success
- Grow and successfully execute the pipeline of opportunities including opportunity identification, leading presentations, proposals, negotiations and contract closures
- Meet and exceed quarterly revenue targets
Viz offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous vacation, and other great benefits to full-time employees.
Viz.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require Viz.ai employees to be fully vaccinated before any in-person meetings unless you are exempt.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Base Salary Range: $167,500 - $180,000
Total compensation includes base salary, variable and equity.