Strategy and Innovation, Senior Manager
Viz.ai is the pioneer in the use of AI algorithms and machine learning to increase the speed of diagnosis and care, covering more than 220 million lives across 1,400+ hospitals and health systems in the U.S. and Europe. The AI-powered Viz Platform is an intelligent care coordination solution that identifies more patients with a particular disease, informs critical decisions at the point of care, and optimizes care pathways and helps improve outcomes. Backed by real-world clinical evidence, the Viz Platform delivers significant value to patients, providers, and pharmaceutical and medical device companies. For more information visit viz.ai.
Viz.ai is seeking an entrepreneurial rockstar that will help lead and drive strategy for some of our most exciting new products and business lines. Viz is currently going through one of the most exciting periods in the company’s history with an unprecedented opportunity to build extremely impactful products that will touch the lives of thousands if not millions of patients. The Strategy and Innovation, Senior Manager role will be responsible for discovering, evaluating, and driving forward new opportunities for Viz, as well as tackling high priority strategic projects throughout the company that will help us run and grow faster.
This is a brand new role that will be expected to own and build out new processes, define best practices, and find clarity in ambiguity. An entrepreneurial / generalist mindset with the ability to flex across multiple disciplines and rally cross-functional teams will be critical to success. You’ll have the opportunity to engage in anything and everything in the pursuit of new Viz opportunities from conception to launch, including primary research & literature reviews, end-user research with physicians, data strategy, business case modeling, building initial pitch materials, developing initial prototypes, and pitching initial customers. This is a very unique role and comes with a ton of opportunity for both career and personal growth, as well as deep insight into the bleeding edge of AI in healthcare.
The ideal candidate will have a clinical background, good business sense, strong analytical skills, and excellent communication skills. Additionally, great candidates will be entrepreneurial self-starters who are team oriented, detailed, strategic thinkers. A growth & learning mindset and creativity are a must. This role will report to the Director of Strategy & Innovation and join the broader Business Development and Strategy team at Viz.ai.
- Discover, evaluate, and drive new opportunities for Viz that generate both worldwide positive impact on patient outcomes and sustainable growth for Viz’ healthcare business
- Become a clinical expert in new disease spaces & leverage your knowledge to build clear value propositions and business models for patient and business impact
- Help educate and align the Viz team around new opportunities and empower them with the context and knowledge to make great decisions moving forward, and lead work with cross-functional teams composed of stakeholders from product, clinical, marketing, and sales
- Develop sales pipelines that will be used to pursue opportunities in strategic areas identified by yourself and the broader strategy team
- Develop pitch decks, product concepts, and provide sales support to drive the initial launch of new opportunities
- Tackle high-impact projects head-on and identify new ones that will accelerate growth and help us act on our mission to change how healthcare is delivered in the world today
You will love this job if:
- You are an entrepreneur at heart, endlessly curious, and have a big appetite for learning
- You enjoy creating structure and direction out of ambiguity & love solving problems
- You are passionate about improving patient outcomes and driving change in healthcare
- You believe that math is your friend, occasionally get fired up about a beautiful powerpoint slide, and have mastered index match
- You’re excited to dive deep on science, medicine, AI, and clinical impact
- Bachelor’s degree required, MD, PhD, RN, PA, NP or other significant clinical exposure strongly preferred (e.g., 3+ years of work in healthcare, health tech, or healthcare strategy leading to a solid foundational knowledge of medicine)
- Excellent critical thinker and problem solver
- Strong business and strategic acumen, including excellent analytic and project management skills
- Highly skilled in Powerpoint and Excel
- Demonstrated initiative to drive cross-functional teams
- Resourceful & a very fast learner
Viz offers competitive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, generous vacation, and other great benefits to full-time employees.
Viz.ai is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetics, or any other basis forbidden under federal, state, or local law. If you’re applying for a position in San Francisco, review the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance guidelines applicable in your area.
As part of our commitment to health and safety, we require Viz.ai employees to be fully vaccinated before any in-person meetings unless you are exempt.
Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Salary Range: $150,500 - $180,000
Total compensation includes base salary and equity.