Integration Specialist - Healthcare
Vital builds software for care teams & patients, with a focus on the Emergency Room (ER) experience. We use artificial intelligence and machine learning to reduce length of stay, save millions by increasing doctors’ and nurses’ productivity, and keep patients safe & happy. There are more than 140 million visits to the ER every year in the US. Our mission is to improve the healthcare experience for these patients.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to translate functional and nonfunctional requirements into integration interfaces and implementations. This may include APIs, HL7, FHIR, etc.
- Analyze requirements and communicate to stakeholders and project leads as new requirements emerge or are identified.
- Lead the solution design and implementation of technical integrations ensuring they are high quality, maintainable and scalable.
- Develop and guide integration project plans to meet client technical needs, partnering with sales and client success to determine the right solution for the customer.
- Write code to support new implementations and to maintain existing implementations, including initial data ingest, data mapping and transformation, and facility configuration.
- Customize client integration and testing plans to evaluate all relevant facility workflows and translate those into technical ingestion requirements.
- Coordinate with the implementation team to create a comprehensive, yet flexible guide to the customer journey with Vital that is consistently followed internally and drives customer delight.
- Continuously improve Vital’s implementation process by improving tools, systems and processes.
- Partner and serve as the technical configuration expert for new features and EHR upgrades.
- Develop technical customer facing integration documentation.
- Support our data teams by providing expertise and documentation on the data we receive.
- Work with Integration Engineering towards automating parts of the integration process and increasing efficiency.
- 3 years experience in a customer-facing healthcare integration role for data-intensive, scalable, high throughput platforms and applications (leveraging knowledge of healthcare standards, data marts, newer technologies, and engineering practices)
- Experience with both existing and emerging interoperability standards such as HL7 V2.x, (essential) as well as CCD, C - CDA XML V3, IHE profile, FHIR (desirable)
- Knowledge of FHIR, REST and web services APIs, big data, MLAI, Integration engines (e.g. Rhapsody, Mirth, etc.)
- Clear, concise communicator that is detail oriented and hyper-organized
- Strong client-facing skills, with the ability to build and maintain relationships
- High initiative: sense of urgency and self-motivation
- Customer advocate and strategic thinker
- Positive attitude, collaborative team player
- Jira, Confluence, Google Suite, HubSpot, GitHub proficient
- Periodic travel may be required
- We’re working on problems which have a real impact on people’s lives. When we succeed, patients get better care.
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion are important to us. Every team member must abide by our shared code of conduct. We believe this approach will help us attract and grow a diverse bunch of talented people that are supportive, calm, clear, empathetic, and results-oriented.
- We prefer working smarter, not longer. You're not expected to put in wild hours, that's just not what we do.
- You'll get a competitive salary.
- We're constantly improving our systems and processes, and you'll be expected to continue to shape this as we journey together.
We also provide great benefits to our team:
- Every team member at Vital gets to share in our success in the form of stock options.
- 33 paid days off, so you can recharge when you need, to perform at your best.
- We provide paid leave for new parents.
- Competitive health, vision, and dental packages (100 % premium covered for employees + dependents), life insurance & a 401(k) plan.
Hiring @ Vital
Does this role and organization seem like a good opportunity for you? If so, have a read of our code of conduct, then fill out an application.
If you qualify for a good role at Vital, we'll invite you to a round of interviews. There are three stages to our interview process, as follows:
- Culture & Screening. This is where you introduce yourself, and we introduce ourselves and the company, explaining what we're about, why we're doing what we're doing, and the type of person we're looking for.
- Technical/Role specific. This is where we'll sit with you to talk about scenarios relevant to the role you're applying for, looking to see if you can demonstrate the skills required to fulfill the role.
- Executive. This is where you get to meet our leadership team and ask questions about the company and its founders/leadership team.
Interviews for this role will total about 2 hrs 45 minutes. We are committed to providing all candidates with constructive feedback during this process.
Vital was founded with the goal of providing modern healthcare software to providers and patients everywhere, regardless of identity or circumstances. We’re striving to build a diverse and inclusive team who are equally as passionate about our mission as we are - that being said, if you are excited about improving healthcare and patient experiences, but don’t think you tick every box in our job ad, please still consider applying - we’d love to hear from you.
Vital is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive culture and celebrate authenticity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, or any other legally protected characteristics.
Something looks off?