Based in Berkeley, CA, UPSIDE Foods grows meat, poultry, and seafood directly from animal cells. These products are not vegan or vegetarian—they are delicious meat, made without the need to raise and slaughter billions of animals. UPSIDE Foods recently became the first company in the world to receive the US FDA greenlight for cultivated meat, and UPSIDE’s cultivated chicken will be available to consumers following USDA inspection and label approval.
Founded as the world’s first cultivated meat company in 2015, UPSIDE Foods (formerly Memphis Meats) has achieved numerous industry-defining milestones, including being the first company to produce multiple species of meat (beef, chicken, and duck). The company believes that people shouldn’t have to choose between the foods they love and a thriving planet, and is working to build a better food system with access to delicious, humane, and sustainable meat, poultry, and seafood. UPSIDE Foods has won various industry awards, including New York Times’ Good Tech Awards, FastCo’s Next Big Thing in Tech, and the Best and Brightest Companies to Work For in the Nation by the National Association for Business Resources. UPSIDE Foods has raised a total of $608 million, including from the Abu Dhabi Growth Fund (ADG), Baillie Gifford, Bill Gates, Cargill, John Doerr, John Mackey, Kimbal and Christiana Musk, Norwest, Richard Branson, Softbank, Temasek, Threshold, Tyson Foods, and others.
About this job
UPSIDE has grown fast over the last two years, and the momentum continues! The Contracts Administrator will play a critical role on our growing Legal team. We’re looking for someone who enjoys fast-paced growth, and can remain organized and agile in an ever-changing environment.
The right candidate will be passionate about supporting their team members by building lasting systems to support UPSIDE’s continued growth and success. This candidate will have a huge impact on the future of UPSIDE’s partnerships, and play a pivotal role in leveling up the Legal department.
- Organize and track contracts, including Non-Disclosure Agreements, Consulting Agreements, Master Service Agreements, and Statements of Work.
- Manage the contract database and ensure accurate and up-to-date contract information.
- Collaborate with the legal team and other departments to resolve any administrative issues related to contracts.
- Guide the broader UPSIDE team with best practices in contract administration and organization to best support company objectives.
- Coordinate the execution of contracts with internal and external stakeholders.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, law, or a related field.
- 3+ years of experience in contract administration or a related administrative role, preferably in the biotech or life sciences industry.
- Strong organizational skills, remarkable attention to detail, and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience with contract management software and other tools used to manage contracts required; experience with Ironclad preferred.
- You bring your whole self to work, including any creativity and indirect skills that you think help you do your job better. We all have something to teach and learn.
Who you’ll work with
- This role will report to the Commercial Counsel and will be providing key support to every function in the company. It’s a rare opportunity to learn about all parts of the business and industry.
- This role will interact most frequently with our commercial functions, including Procurement & Supply Chain, MSAT, and Business Operations teams, but will have the opportunity to interface with all parts of the organization.
- A key function of this role will be to represent UPSIDE Foods to external counterparties as well.
Key Contributions in First Year
- Establish organization-wide processes for efficient contract management and execution
- Partner with various business teams to support key contracts that enable UPSIDE Foods’ growth
- Provide critical support in creating legal playbooks for various legal functions
Compensation Range: $45,000 - $75,000*
*Pay may vary depending on factors including job-related knowledge and skills.
- Stock options for all full-time incoming team members!
- 90-100% employer-paid healthcare premiums for team members (medical [including HSA and FSA], dental, and vision)
- Pet insurance for your furry family members!
- 3 Weeks PTO Accrued Annually
- DE&I (Diversity, Equity & Inclusion) Council and People Engagement Programs
- Company-sponsored learning & development opportunities
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. Our company-wide mission is to create a product for everyone, so we are deeply committed to having teams and leaders that reflect this mission.
Something looks off?