Medical Records Specialist - Contract
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
In this role, you will...
Work with various healthcare entities to collect complete medical records and imaging for Transcarent members and present said information to Transcarent providers, ensuring they are timely and appropriate for surgical cases. Responsibilities include collecting, sorting, preparing and scanning documents; uploading documents into CRM system; and ensuring those documents are comprehensive, allowing the Transcarent provider a thorough review for decision making. The Medical Records Specialist will regularly interact with internal and external partners.
This is a 3-month contract, hybrid position.
What you’ll do
- Manage inquiries from Transcarent Care Coordinators for medical records requests and provider reviews ensuring timely and appropriate actions.
- Facilitate the gathering of member information and records from a variety of sources with the best possible turnaround times; follow-up on outstanding requests within established guidelines; review collected documentation ensuring relevancy and completeness.
- Partner with the assigned Transcarent Care Coordinator when records documentation is incomplete to determine the best path forward.
- Ensure accurate and thorough documentation in the CRM system; ensure physical and electronic records are continuously staged for fast and efficient retrieval.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with Transcarent care coordinators, and other relevant internal departments; deliver an exceptional customer experience to internal and external partners
- Maintain strict confidentiality of all medical records, knowledge and application of HIPAA regulations
- Participate in special projects as assigned
- Demonstrate Transcarent's core values
- Comply with corporate and departmental policies and procedures
- Be willing and available to work overtime as needed
What we’re looking for
- Two (2) years of medical records experience in a healthcare entity setting
- Located in or near Denver, CO and available to go into the office 2x per week
- A working knowledge of medical terminology and the health benefits claim process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication
- Exceptional organizational skills; strong attention to detail and follow-through
- Project management-type skills; prior experience managing a high-volume workload
- Ability to establish and maintain productive working relationships with internal and external business partners
- Strong comfort-level with standard office equipment and software (Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook, fax machine, scanner) and contact center-style phone systems
- Prior CRM experience
- Understanding of DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine)
- High School Diploma/GED
- Associate degree in Business or Healthcare
- eMix experience
- com experience
- Knowledge of HIPAA regulation
- Associate degree in Business or Healthcare preferred
As a hybrid, contract position, the hourly range for this role is:
$26.25 - $31.25/hour
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.