Senior Mobile Engineer - Flutter
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
At Transcarent we are the One Place for Health & Care and you’ll have the opportunity to work on our oncology, surgery and pharmacy solutions. You’ll work closely with our mobile tech lead as well as your web team members to determine when an ask requires a new framework, utilizing an existing framework or implementing something in a non-reusable but high quality, scalable and maintainable way. You’ll use your experience as an advanced mobile developer to collaborate with designers on UX design and advise on architecture decisions using your past positive and negative experiences.
What you’ll do
- Have a broad experience with Flutter and the mobile development ecosystem: This includes Swift, Kotlin, Dart, Bitrise, Firebase, Github, Jira, and Figma. You will evolve the architecture to ensure that our technology approach meets short-term agility needs and sets us up to scale long term
- Have a strong understanding of native performance and tooling: You know what metrics matter to ensure users have the highest quality experience possible, and are committed to measuring and mitigating bottlenecks that slow us down
- Pride yourself in delivering next level user experiences that redefine modern application design trends: By building a cohesive design system, you take the product experience to new heights, ensuring users are delighted and empowered by our brand. You know what it takes to keep things maintainable, while delivering on unique experiences
- Have fundamental knowledge of the asynchronous nature of web applications: You understand how to manage server/client communications with resilience, leveraging SDKs as required
- Communicate and collaborate as a member of a high performance team: You are able to give critical feedback to your peers to ensure the team is thriving in a fast paced environment. You recognize you have a lot to teach and learn as the codebase grows with the product. You embrace that your success is the success of the team
- Have fun at work: If you are energized by creating a 5-star application alongside a talented team while having some laughs with your team you have come to the right place. We work hard but also enjoy hearing making each other laugh and by finding humor in our daily work lives.
What we’re looking for
- You are entrepreneurial and mission-driven who can present your ideas with clarity and confidence
- 5+ years of experience creating apps downloaded and used on the App/Play Stores that people love
- Experience or desire to build beautiful native apps with Flutter
- Deep knowledge of iOS and/or Android development, Flutter app development
- Experience with Dart, Swift and/or Kotlin in order to write custom platform-specific code when necessary
- Nice to have: Experience with security coding guidelines, PCI, and/or HIPAA compliance
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.