Director, Nurse Navigation, Oncology
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
The Director Nurse Navigation, Oncology reports to the VP of Quality and Operations and is responsible for quality assurance and improvement efforts and operations related to our Navigation Program and Oncology Care experience in accordance with the Transcarent Quality Tenets. The Director Nurse Navigation, Oncology will reflect the mission, vision, and value statements of Transcarent to internal departments and external plan sponsors, providers, and partners.
What you’ll do
- Participate in the Quality Assurance and Improvement Committee and lead the related cross-functional Quality Workstream that defines, measures, reviews and acts on metrics that reflect the quality of the care our Members receive within our Nurse Navigation program
- Provide clinical leadership to the Monthly and Quarterly Business Review meetings
- Develop, implement, and oversee our Nurse Navigation quality assurance and improvement measures, protocols, processes and policies to ensure delivery of the highest quality Member care and experience
- Work with cross functional teams to develop new or update existing quality measures, protocols, processes and policies to minimize risk and ensure compliance
- Work with our health data analytics team to develop audit systems, perform data analysis, and prepare reports related to quality metrics and tracking the clinical outcomes of our Members and provider partners
- Lead quality improvement efforts in partnership with the Care Support Services and Oncology Care solution lead
- Work collaboratively with our Oncology COE facilities, surgeons, and partners in support of achieving the highest quality experience for our Members
- Support the non-clinical Care Coordinators with clinical subject matter expertise and guidance relating to individual cases and in broader strategy and processes
- Support the operational needs of the Nurse Navigation program from a clinical perspective including monitoring and support for Member complications
- Collaborate cross-functionally - with Sales, Solutions, Provider Relations, Product, Data Science, Health Economics, Care Support Services, Marketing and other teams to create exceptional end to end Care Experiences and outcomes for our Members
- Own the engagement, experiential, financial and clinical performance of Nurse Navigation
- Coach, lead, and develop an industry leading clinical solution with a culture of curiosity, humility and high performance
- Collaborate with Engineering and Design to create the best processes, high velocity and impact products supported by evidence based clinical practice
- Be hands on at creating clinical requirements, use cases and user stories based on gathered insights from Members, clients and other stakeholders
- Guiding and supporting patients/families throughout the cancer care and survivorship experience.
- Identifying special needs of the patient and delegating to appropriate support staff and available services and resources
- Ensuring understanding of treatment options available
- Facilitating patient care plan recommended by physician
- Connecting patient and family with community resources
- Coordinating multidisciplinary care from time of diagnosis throughout treatment
- Improving timeliness of appointments
What we’re looking for
- Graduated from accredited nursing school
- Master of Science in Nursing degree
- Multi-state license with expectation to obtain 51 state licensures within 6 months of hire.
- Oncology Certified Nurse or Oncology Nurse Navigation Certification within 6 months of hire
- A minimum of 10 years clinical acute care experience as a practicing RN
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in navigation or case management
- A minimum of 5 years related work experience in leadership experience with demonstrated strong collaboration, facilitation and communication skills
- Project management and change management experience
- Understanding of clinical quality guidelines, compliance, and policy development
- Demonstrated project management skills and ability to multitask and prioritize using a continuous improvement mindset
- Analytics and problem-solving skills with attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills; Highly collaborative and flexible
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills; a “accountability first” mindset
Nice to have
- Nurse Executive Board Certification preferred
- Six Sigma training preferred
- Strong knowledge of CPT, DRG and ICD coding principles, desired
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.