Associate - Revenue & Payment Operations
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
Our Revenue & Payment Operations Team is growing and seeking an energetic self-starter who will help support the day-to-day operations of Transcarent’s revenue cycle. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering quality billing and payment services to our clients, providers, and Members, with a strong focus on timeliness, accuracy, and efficiency. The ideal candidate has outstanding organizational skills and excels in a deliverable-focused, fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do
- Execute day-to-day operations of the revenue cycle for our SurgeryCare product; from initial invoicing through claims collection/review and final reconciliation
- Independently manage case workload and complete deliverables timely, accurately, and in an organized fashion
- Serve as the primary billing contact for an assigned group of clients and deliver an excellent client experience by addressing, escalating, and resolving billing, payment, or other issues in a timely and appropriate manner
- Support management by finding and implementing solutions to benefit team, improve processes, and create efficiencies
- Collaborate and problem-solve with other internal teams such as Care Support Services, Provider Relations, and Client Success
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent professional experience
- 1-3 year(s) of revenue cycle management, claims billing/coding, operations, accounting, and/or customer service experience
- Background in healthcare, digital health, or a related discipline - startup experience is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications and familiarity with other systems (NetSuite, Jira, Salesforce, etc.)
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team, with minimal direct supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; follows processes and procedures, but conscientious about continuously improving and creating more efficient and effective methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; willingness to speak up, ask questions, or request clarity when something is unclear
- Ability to shift focus when priorities change without losing sight of original tasks and deadlines.
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving organization with a willingness to be flexible and pivot when needed
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.