Supervisor, Care Support Services
Who we are
Transcarent is the One Place for health and care. We cut through the complexity, making it easy for people to access high-quality, affordable care. With a personalized app tailored for each Member, an on-demand care team, and a connected ecosystem of high-quality, in-person care and virtual point solutions, Transcarent eliminates the guesswork to confidently guide Members to the right level of care. We take accountability for results – offering at-risk pricing models and transparent impact reporting to align incentives towards measurably better experience, better health, and lower costs. At Transcarent, you will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
In this role you will...
The role of the Care Coordination Supervisor is to supervise the day-to-day functions of the Care Coordinators including process and procedure adherence, coaching of the team, scheduling, monitoring of service levels and metrics, key point of escalation on difficult cases and process improvement
- Participates in recruitment, selection, mentoring, and development of new team members.
- Hires, trains, motivates, and supervises care coordinators and provides consultation, advice, and guidance using a team-oriented approach. Clearly communicates goals, expectations, and performance, providing constructive feedback on a regular basis. Works with team to develop personal goals and career paths.
- Directly supervises staff, including conducting regular individual meetings, performing staff evaluations, planning, and initiating strategies for performance, administering disciplinary and performance measures, and resolving complaints.
- Coordinates staff scheduling; ensures adequate staff coverage; reviews/approves staff timesheets. Picks up additional cases during periods of peak service, staff leave of absence or extended PTO.
- Monitors and ensures that staffing achieves service level standards and reports metrics to management
- Assures the team consistently delivers an exceptional member experience by responding promptly to member needs, responding to requests for service and assistance and escalating appropriately
- Participates in the rotating coverage of after-hours escalations.
- Assigns and monitors care coordinators’ caseloads.
- Maintains a small case load on-going for support and evaluation purposes as needed
- Coaches adherence to organizational policies, guidelines, training and best practices by performing bi-weekly one-on-ones with team members
- Serves as departmental SME which may include development and analysis of new policies, assessment of workflows, and related systems
- Participates in process development and/or change to improve efficiency, member
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems efficiently for self and team; gathers and analyzes information to increase skill level; develops solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason and coaching skills when in lead role
- Performs other related duties as assigned or requested
What we're looking for
- Bachelors’ degree in business or healthcare
- 3+ years supervisory experience including supporting remote direct reports.
- 2-4 years of healthcare experience including wellness or case management and insurance exposure
- Knowledge of HIPAA, confidentiality regulations, and medical terminology
- Strong leadership skills to coach, monitor, and strengthen staff performance; ability to provide thorough and accurate review of complex work and to oversee coordination of ongoing skills and projects over extended periods of time.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills including ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics and provides a calming influence.
- Strong skills in quality customer service. Interpersonal skills to interact and collaborate effectively with all constituent groups, including plan members, plan sponsors, providers, and internal departments.
- Positive, collaborative demeanor with a passion for helping others realize their potential; an unwavering commitment to doing the “right” thing
- Ability to cultivate and foster professional relationships across the organization and with external partners
- Ability to work as part of a team and provide leadership and structure as appropriate
- Ability to develop procedures for new and ongoing case management functions
- Ability to communicate effectively in verbal and written format to a variety of audiences
- Sensitivity to the needs and values present in working with diverse groups of people
- Organizational and time management skills; ability to meet deadlines
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office and PDF software (Nuance preferred)
- Prior experience with call center phone technology
- Prior CRM experience, Salesforce preferred
- An entrepreneurial spirit. You’re comfortable building the plane while it’s in the air. You’re engaged in finding solutions and not passing problems or hiccups off to others. You’re creative with available resources.
- Open-minded. You don’t get flustered with the change that comes with being a part of a fast-growing organization. You enjoy learning and are curious about the latest trends in business and healthcare.
- A Team Player. While you can’t lose sight of your own goals, you are ready to roll-up your sleeves and add to a conversation, support a teammate, contribute to thought leadership, or contribute to a project or initiative with enthusiasm.
- A person with Integrity. You have fantastic planning and execution skills, tons of energy and great follow through when your company and our partners need you. You don't get overwhelmed and enjoy working with people trying to solve complex healthcare issues. You do the right thing, always.
- Driven. You get a kick out of partnerships that work for everyone. You’re a master influencer and can negotiate with the best of them. You think long-term.
- Fun. You’re a people person with a strong emotional intelligence. You work hard and have a great time doing it. Passion to impact and make a difference in the lives you serve.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.