Senior Associate - Revenue & Payment Operations
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
Our Revenue & Payments Operations Team is growing and seeking an energetic self-starter who shares our passion for delivering an exceptional Transcarent experience to our clients and their employees, our Members. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering quality revenue and payment services to our clients, providers, and Members, with a strong focus on timeliness, accuracy, and efficiency. The ideal candidate has outstanding organizational skills and excels in a deliverable-focused, fast-paced environment.
What you'll do for our team
- Execute end-to-end revenue cycle operations for our Care Experiences, including SurgeryCare, MSK Care, Telehealth, Behavioral Health, Oncology, and others. Including, but not limited to general ledger management of revenue, cost of sales and account receivable transactions
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Transcarent’s revenue cycle
- Independently manage workload and complete deliverables timely, accurately, and in an organized fashion
- Create an excellent client and member experience by addressing, escalating, and resolving revenue, payment, and other issues in a timely manner, both independently and cross-functionally
- Support management by finding and implementing solutions to benefit team, improve processes, and create efficiencies
- Provide training, guidance, and support to other team members, including creating process documentation and other training materials
What we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, or equivalent professional experience
- 2-5 years of accounting, revenue, operations and/or revenue cycle management experience
- Background in healthcare, digital health, or a related discipline - startup experience is a plus
- Experience with accounting operations (accounts receivable, accounts payable) and accounting systems (i.e. NetSuite)
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team, with minimal direct supervision
- Willingness to speak up, ask questions, or request clarity when something is unclear
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; follows processes and procedures, but conscientious about continuously improving and creating more efficient and effective methods
- Ability to shift focus when priorities change without losing sight of original tasks and deadlines
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Comfortable in a fast-paced and evolving organization with a willingness to be flexible and pivot when needed
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.