Vice President, Pharmacy Sales
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
Your role and impact
This business leader will champion, collaborate, and participate in growing Transcarent’s business, through the enhancement and expansion of Transcarent’s market, with a special emphasis on pharmacy solutions. The experienced leader will recognize market needs and strategically position Transcarent’s value proposition to drive demand for Transcarent’s services. Additionally, this consultative leader will work with consultants and industry leaders to expand the reach of Transcarent, by identifying how the solutions can be adapted or expanded to drive add-on pharmacy sales and new pharmacy sales.
What you will do
- Develop business plans and strategies to achieve commercial and pharmacy sales goals, in a defined market
- Engage the market (employers and consultants) to develop and close sales opportunities
- Develop new market engagement strategies that can be tracked and managed to increase opportunities for profitable sales
- Perform market analysis to develop and deploy the best market entry strategies
- Monitor market reaction to solution value propositions and share with organization leadership
- Partner with product and solutions teams to create pharmacy solution offerings that deliver a balance of value to clients, members and Transcarent
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to improve the market response to Transcarent solutions
- Develop new and enhance current value creation strategies in response to business feedback
- Document all market engagement activities and resulting opportunities in our customer relationship management system (Salesforce)
- Take an ownership role in cultivating pharmacy solution RFPs, responding to those RFPs with competitive proposals, delivering effective finalist presentations, and negotiating to close deals in support of company goals.
What we're looking for
- Master’s degree in a business-related field is preferred
- Pharmacy degree is preferred
- PBM deal creation or deal evaluation experience preferred
- Minimum 8 years of business development experience
- 5+ Years of experience in healthcare is preferred
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent communication, leadership, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Able to motivate and empower teams
- Ability to travel 2-5 days per week
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.