Member Services Specialist
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
About this role
The Member Support Specialist reports to the Manager of Member Support and is responsible for providing world-class operations support to members and internal teams. In this role, you will contribute to excellent support metrics and provide feedback on areas of opportunity for relentless improvement. Your work will be critical to delivering superior customer care to a rapidly growing member base.
What you will do
- Deliver high-quality, frontline customer support to agreed-upon service levels
- Efficiently review customer contacts and provide actionable insights that drive process improvements to enhance customer experience and eliminate friction-causing roadblocks
- Be a subject matter expert on Transcarent products, services, policies, processes and workflows, both internally and externally
- Partner with management on support improvements, including process, training and workflow gaps
- Collaborate on dedicated customer-facing work, with special projects as assigned by leadership
- Create phenomenal member experiences to ensure retention by quickly and clearly addressing questions via chat, phone and email
What we’re looking for
- 2+ years experience in customer support, customer operations and/or contact center operations
- Available to work Sunday - Thursday schedule, 7:30am - 4:30pm PST
- Impeccable customer service skills with a relentless desire to exceed expectations
- Basic computer skills necessary, Mac/iOS preferred
- Experience with CRM tools, Zendesk strongly preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Suite/Outlook/Calendar/SharePoint/OneDrive
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to remain calm under pressure
- Comfort giving and receiving direct feedback
- Remote experience preferred
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.