Senior Machine Learning Engineer
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
Our company is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Senior Machine Learning Engineer who specializes in Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Language Model (LLM) to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing complex machine learning models to solve challenging business problems in the field of NLP and LLM. You will work collaboratively with our cross-functional teams of Data Scientists, Software Engineers, and Product Managers to design, develop and deploy advanced NLP and LLM algorithms for our products and services.
- Design, develop and implement advanced NLP and LLM models and algorithms using deep learning techniques such as convolutional neural networks (CNNs), recurrent neural networks (RNNs), transformers, and others.
- Perform data analysis, preprocessing, and feature engineering to prepare data for machine learning models.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to understand business requirements and identify opportunities for applying NLP and LLM models to solve complex business problems.
- Design and implement scalable, efficient, and automated data pipelines for training and deploying machine learning models.
- Stay up to date with the latest advancements in NLP and LLM research and apply them to improve the performance of our models.
- Evaluate the performance of machine learning models using appropriate metrics and fine-tune them to achieve optimal results.
- Document the design, development, and deployment processes of machine learning models.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 5+ years of experience in developing and implementing NLP and LLM models and algorithms using deep learning techniques such as CNNs, RNNs, transformers, etc.
- Experience in developing and deploying machine learning models in a production environment.
- Strong programming skills in Python and SQL and familiarity with libraries such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Keras, and NLTK.
- Strong knowledge of statistics, linear algebra, and probability theory.
- Experience in data preprocessing, feature engineering, and data visualization.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer with expertise in NLP and LLM to join a growing and dynamic team, work on cutting-edge technology, and contribute to the development of innovative products and services. If you have a passion for solving complex problems using machine learning and enjoy working in a collaborative and fast-paced environment, then we encourage you to apply for this role.
As a remote position, the salary range for this role is $150,000-$200,000.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?