Vice President, Labor Sales
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
In this role, you will...
Great sales are the result of strong purpose, conviction and pride – pride in your ability and pride in your product. Bring along your passion and do your best work while selling solutions that truly improve the lives of others.
The Vice President, Labor Sales, is a tenacious prospector, a hunter; an individual contributor primarily responsible for generating revenue and developing new business through a consultative selling process. You will execute strategic plans for selling direct to large Taft Hartley and Multi-Employer Plans in this quota-carrying role.
What You'll Do
- Meet and build relationships with senior executives (C-suite), Labor Leaders and Trustees with greater than 10,000 plan employee lives
- Establish and maintain Broker, Consultant, and TPA relationships
- Deliver presentations in-person and virtually to employer plans, brokers, consultants and at industry functions to educate prospects on Transcarent’s Centers of Excellence solution
- Follow-up on prospect meetings and successfully negotiate with prospects and associated brokers, consultants, and TPAs
- Facilitate client transition to Implementation and Account Services post-sale
- Provide marketplace intelligence on product and service needs
- Assist in sales training activities and provide appropriate training to applicable producers as well as fellow associates
- Participate in community, business, and industry organizations as appropriate
What We Are Looking For
- Experience selling into Labor and MEP required
- A minimum of 10 years of experience successfully selling benefits, wellness, healthcare technology, or insurance solutions directly to large employers or payers with a demonstrated track record of excellence
- A demonstrated track record of developing a large organic pipeline through cold calling and prospecting in the Labor space
- Prior experience working in a start-up/growth environment and comfortable with the nuances of such
- Deep industry expertise along with well established relationships with plan sponsors, consultants, brokers, and TPAs within the noted territory
- Poise and experience selling to C-Suite in-person and virtually
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communications skills along with a captivating presentation style
- CRM experience - Salesforce.com preferred
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree
- An ability to travel up to 50% of the time with overnight travel included, when it is deemed safe to do so
As a remote position, the salary range for this role is $132,061 - $179,846
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?