Director, Content & Social Media
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
In this role...
- The Director, Content & Social Media owns the development, coordination, and implementation of a content strategy in support of Transcarent mission and goals
- Produces content for all digital media — including videos, websites, advertising campaigns, email marketing, social media, and more
- This position partners with Senior Leadership to identify and optimize opportunities for content creation to support priority audiences.
- This position oversees/owns the planning, researching, writing, and submissions of articles, write-ups and essays featuring individual or team success across all areas, in addition to award and event submissions.
- Participates in strategic conversations with colleagues across the organization to identify and implement opportunities for creative messaging and campaign concepts
- Writes and edits communication materials to support and reflect the needs and objectives of targeted audiences/businesses and manages the progress of projects through the production process to ensure that deadlines are met.
- This position is responsible for overseeing the internal editorial calendar.
- Acts as final reviewer and facilitates stakeholder review for key deliverables, including proofing, editing, formatting of content to meet intended audiences.
- Creates efficient content creation processes and helps to develop a scalable content asset library.
- Manages and supports general department activities and other department initiatives
- Ensures flow of timely and relevant information to targeted employee groups, in coordination with the internal communications strategy, via appropriate communication channels.
What you will bring to our team:
- A bachelor's degree in communications, Public Relations, Journalism, Public Affairs, Marketing or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of experience in fields related to marketing, journalism, communications, public relations, or public affairs
- Expertise in social media
- Experience in healthcare preferred
- A deep understanding of how communications drive business outcomes
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with business leaders, and an ability to build collaborative relationships
- Strong, versatile copywriting skills
- Good organizational, planning, and coordination skills with an ability to multi-task and re-prioritize as needed
- A sense of urgency; self-motivation and attention to detail
- A proactive approach in resolving problems and issues
- Deep empathy for individuals facing a complicated health care system
- Deep empathy for the challenges clients face as they strive to support their employees’ health and wellbeing
- Flexibility with the change that comes with being part of a fast-growing organization
- The ability to adapt to changes in the work environment and alter your approach or method to best fit the situation at hand
- The ability to roll-up your sleeves and add to a conversation, support a teammate, contribute to thought leadership, or contribute to a project or initiative with enthusiasm
Nice to have
- Prior experience working for an experience-focused company a plus
- Experience working with health systems or healthcare providers
As a remote position, the salary range for this role is $135,000-$150,000.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?