Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
Our Team is growing and seeking an energetic self-starter who shares our passion for providing excellent customer service. Our Payroll Analyst is responsible for processing all aspects of payroll and for providing support to various audits and projects. The ideal candidate has outstanding organizational skills and excels in a customer-focused, fast-paced environment.
What you'll do for our team
- Process multi-state payroll runs on a semi-monthly and bi-weekly basis using both ADP Workforce Now and Paycom.
- Analyze and detect opportunities for improvement and recommend scalable processes and/or best practices.
- Providing standard and ad-hoc payroll reports as needed by various internal departments such as Finance, Accounting, Legal, Benefits, and People Operations.
- Manage compliance related matters such as but not limited to multi-jurisdiction tax withholdings, reviewing timesheets for non-exempt employees, garnishments, annual audits, balancing and reconciling pay data etc.
- Research and resolve tax notices from federal, state, and local tax agencies.
- Provide support to various projects involving process enhancements and system integrations.
- Provide exemplary support with a focus to deliver on the needs of our employees by resolving issues and responding to inquiries in an effective and timely manner.
- Create and/or maintain payroll documentation as it relates to processing, operational procedures, compliance, and other payroll-related matters.
- Perform data reconciliation/audits to ensure data integrity across multiple disparate systems (e.g. NetSuite, payroll)
- Support month-end close and prepare all payroll-related journal entries to upload into NetSuite.
Skills we’re looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, and/or Accounting or equivalent professional experience
- FPC or CPP preferred but not required
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant and progressive payroll experience
- Experience with Paycom and ADP Workforce Now
- Basic understanding of accounting, taxation, and finance concepts as it relates to payroll
- Proficiency in utilizing various software applications (e.g. Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel)
What you can bring to our team
- Exceptional organizational skills, communication, and ability to think outside the box
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members and other stakeholders
- Self-motivation and goal orientation with a drive to deliver results in a rapid growth environment
- Strong attention to detail, with the ability to multi-task, work well under pressure and meet deadlines
As a remote position, the salary range for this role is $80,000-$100,000.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?