Senior Data Engineer
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing, more costly, and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information, trusted guidance, and easy access to high value care where and when they need it. You will be part of a world-class team, supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst, and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022, raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences, working together will strengthen our organization, and our ability to deliver "not just better but different" experiences for our members.
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company, culture, and Member experience who:
- Put people first, and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners, constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care, and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members, and proactively problem solving to get there
We are looking for data engineers excited to create a single source of truth that will power the decisions for the company for other developers, products, clinical teams, data analysts, data scientists, member experience, and more. They will need to be able to ingest various sorts of application and health data, leverage our Snowflake data warehouse to load it, and transform the data into various data sets to offer it self-serve in a secure, compliant manner. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems, and products. The right candidate will be excited by the prospect of optimizing or even re-designing our company’s data architecture to support our next generation of products and data initiatives.
In this role, you will...
- Be a data champion and seek to empower others to leverage the data to its full potential.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture with high observability and robust operational characteristics.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal data extraction, transformation, and loading using SQL, python, and dbt from various sources.
- Work with stakeholders, including the Executive, Product, Clinical, Data, and Design teams, to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- You are entrepreneurial and mission-driven and can present your ideas with clarity and confidence.
- You are a high-agency person. You refuse to accept undue constraints and the status quo and will not rest until you figure things out.
- Advanced expertise in python and dbt for data pipelines
- Advanced working SQL knowledge and experience working with relational databases.
- Experience building and optimizing big data pipelines, architectures, and data sets. A definite plus with healthcare experience
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency, and workload management.
- A successful history of manipulating, processing, and extracting value from large disconnected datasets.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Experience supporting and working with cross-functional teams in a dynamic environment
- We are looking for a candidate with 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Graduate degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- Good to have healthcare domain experience.
The following is a list of software/tools that would be nice to have but not required:
- Experience with cloud-based data warehouse: Snowflake
- Experience with relational SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Golang, Python, Java, C++, Scala, etc.
- Experience with big data tools: Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience with data pipeline and workflow management tools like Airflow
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc.
As a remote position, the salary range for this role is $140,000 – $170,000.
Individual compensation packages are based on a few different factors unique to each candidate, including primary work location and an evaluation of a candidate’s skills, experience, market demands, and internal equity.
Salary is just one component of Transcarent's total package. All regular employees are also eligible for the corporate bonus program or a sales incentive (target included in OTE) as well as stock options.
Our benefits and perks programs include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Competitive 401(k) Plan with a generous company match
- Flexible Time Off/Paid Time Off, 12 paid holidays
- Protection Plans including Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, and Supplemental Insurance
- Mental Health and Wellness benefits
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Depending on the position we may have a preference to a specific location, but are generally open to remote work anywhere in the US.
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process, please don’t hesitate to reach out!
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role, we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Something looks off?