Director, Strategic Finance (Healthcare)
Role Title: Director, Strategic Finance
Location: Remote (Based in USA), must be able to support West Coast hours
Tia was born from the realization that the healthcare system is missing just that: a system enabling health & wellbeing. Tia is the answer to the dehumanizing experiences that women of all backgrounds face navigating the healthcare system. We are rethinking the model of healthcare from the ground up – really asking: what does it mean to have a relationship with your care provider? What does it mean to think about your health every day? How can we get back to the basics and also leverage the cutting edge research in women’s preventive care? Tia is on a mission to define answers to these questions through building a whole new, distinctly female model of care.
We are on a mission to enable every female to achieve their own definition of optimal health through science-backed information, access to high-quality care, and community.
We opened our first clinic in 2019 in NYC and have scaled to 4 markets (NY, SF, LA, PHX) to serve over 30k women. Combining virtual and in-person visits, an unwavering commitment to care and accessibility, substantial growth capital and an incredible mission, Tia is poised for rapid growth over the coming years and is building out a world class team to support this expansion.
We are looking for a creative, quantitative thinker who can build a business model from the ground up and drive company strategy through analysis. This is an exciting role for someone seeking to build out the finance and corporate operations functions at a high-growth, women's healthcare startup. Tia’s finance team has broad exposure across the business and shapes strategic and tactical decisions through data-driven insights. In this role specifically you will own investor relations and management, you will run point on board meeting and financial reporting to external parties. You will develop a deep understanding of our performance, perform in-depth analytics and financial modeling, and own our growth projections/business model.
- Serve as a leader on the Strategic Finance team to help drive Tia’s business strategy
- Continue to build and improve upon Tia’s internal processes for budgeting, forecasting, and financial reporting
- Evaluate key financial metrics for Tia’s business and build processes to track these in a meaningful way
- Work with Tia’s joint venture partners to report out on financial performance
- Develop revenue forecasts for new and existing clinics, including top-line performance and detailed volume and pricing by service line
- Partner closely with accounting to ensure the ELT, Board and Investors are getting accurate and timely forecasts relative to targets
- Tie financial performance with business metrics, operational shifts, and industry trends
- 7-9 years of experience in investment banking, consulting, or as a financial analyst / associate at a fast-paced, high-growth startup
- Clear understanding of meaningful performance metrics, along with how to distill top-level performance into unit economics
- You thrive in ambiguity, yet drive process and structure across an organization
- Meticulous attention to detail - you can build a model from scratch, as well as audit and adapt existing financial models
- An independent worker who can run against problems with relatively little direction, knows when and how to escalate effectively and when to triangulate
- Preferably an undergraduate degree in finance, business, accounting, math or economics
- Highly adept at financial modeling (advanced Excel skills are a must)
- Experience in healthcare preferred, with extra credit for PC / MSO exposure
- Metrics / reporting experience
- Deep understanding of how financial statements link together and ability to recognize abnormal expenditures and balances
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option package
- 401k program (no matching at this time)
- Unlimited vacation
- Free Tia membership
- $300 one-time WFH stipend
- $50/month phone and internet reimbursement
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Top of the line 16” Macbook Pro
- Travel stipend for team offsites
This position may require attendance at company and team off-sites and is subject to the Company’s vaccine requirement, as permitted by law and subject to reasonable accommodation.
Tia is an equal opportunity employer. We believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users and patients. We strongly encourage people of color and members of the LGBTQ+ community to apply.
If you are committed to collaborative problem solving, creating high-quality and user-centric products, and want to make waves in women's healthcare, join us