Technical Account Manager
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
Talkdesk Technical Account Managers (TAM) are skilled product consultants who focus on the technical success of their assigned customer accounts. TAMs understand and advance the business needs of Talkdesk’s most valuable customers through consultation, optimization, and training on the Talkdesk platform. Successful TAMs are personable, curious, customer-oriented, motivated by novel challenges, and enjoy learning and tinkering with new technologies.
- Serve as the primary technical point of contact for Talkdesk’s largest, most strategic customers
- Partner with internal teams such as Product, Support, etc. to assure timely delivery of feature requests, bug fixes and support requests
- Understand customer use cases, summarize customer complaints, communicate best practices, and document requirements (functional and technical) needed to address client needs
- Leverage strong technical acumen to identify opportunities and formulate dynamic technical solutions to unexpected situations
- Overall management of open issues/projects and technical communication with Customers
- Use in-depth knowledge of the solution to offer training to assigned customer teams
- Conduct engaging demos of feature enhancements for new and existing customers
- 3+ years of experience in technical consulting, professional services, or technical troubleshooting in a SaaS environment
- Engaging personality and possesses a true consulting approach and ability to communicate technical concepts to people of all backgrounds and skill levels
- A passion for helping people solve problems and proven ability to understand changing technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and meticulous attention to detail
- Mature demeanor and positive attitude, as well as discretion and sensitivity when dealing with clients
- Ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment
- Travel requirement: up to 20%
- Experience working with APIs preferred
- Salesforce and other CRM experience preferred
- CCaaS or contact center experience preferred
- Spanish fluency
The Talkdesk story hinges on empathy and acceptance. It is the shared goal among all Talkdeskers to empower a new kind of customer hero through our innovative software solution, and we firmly believe that the best path to success for our mission is inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work along, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the Talkdesk family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)