At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
The Senior Accountant will report directly to the Sr. Director of Accounting. You will assist with various accounting functions, including month-end close, balance sheet account reconciliations and variance analysis. You will also participate in accounting projects including system improvements and financial audits.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain monthly close schedule and prepare adjusting journal entries.
- Manage several GL accounts, including prepaids, fixed assets, accruals and internal-use software
- Prepare journal entries to support month-end close activities
- Perform monthly account reconciliations and variance analysis.
- Perform daily cash reconciliations using NetSuite.
- Respond to inquiries regarding general ledger activity
- Assist the accounting team through successful annual financial audits.
- Partner with FP&A on budgeting, forecasting, and flux reviews
- Ad hoc projects, as deemed necessary.
- Bachelor’s degree, with an emphasis in accounting or finance
- CPA or CPA candidate preferred
- 2 - 4 years of relevant accounting experience
- Experience in general ledger accounting and month-end close or audit experience of those tasks
- Working knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office software with advanced Excel skills
- Experience in NetSuite preferred
- Ability to follow through on all assigned tasks and take on additional work as needed
- Uncompromising integrity and transparency
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)