Corporate Counsel - EMEA
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
Talkdesk is looking for an corporate counsel to join our growing legal team. The EMEA Counsel must have strong leadership skills, be a thoughtful problem solver and a trusted business partner for the team. The position is responsible for providing legal advice and expertise and support in all areas of law affecting our international business. The primary focus will be on licensing and purchasing contracting support, but the EMEA Counsel will also provide support and advice on other areas such as European data privacy laws, corporate issues affecting our subsidiaries, employment law issues, dispute resolution, IP protection and others. Within the commercial contracting area of focus, the EMEA Counsel will work on deals within our partner ecosystem.
Some limited travel may be required. The Corporate Counsel, EMEA position reports to VP Legal, International based in the UK.
Duties and Responsibilities:
This position will require an experienced legal professional with responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Working closely and developing a strong rapport with internal and external stakeholders including customers and channel partners
- Providing contracting expertise and negotiating business agreements for new and follow-on business with customers, channel partners and vendors.
- Ensuring compliance within the agreement terms to company policies and guidelines. Helping to drive greater consistency of approach and standards across the business.
- Preparing contract paperwork; advising management of contractual rights and obligations; mitigating contractual and channel partner program risks; compiling and analyzing data; maintaining historical information.
- Balancing competing priorities of constituencies as compared to business needs and using astute judgment as to when to seek executive level direction.
- Law degree required and current license to practice in home country; a minimum of 3 years in-house experience.
- A strong command of English is required. The ability to negotiate in additional European languages (e.g. French, German, Italian) is advantageous.
- Requires excellent drafting, analytical and negotiation skills.
- International experience (UK & Europe) required.
- Knowledge of legal issues affecting software companies operating in the UK and Europe, such as data privacy issues, employment and general corporate. Telecom experience is a plus.
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills and requisite personal computer skills. Experience in using Google Tools and Microsoft Office.
- Strong internal / external customer service skills.
- Superior communication skills.
- Self-motivated, organized, pro-active, requires little hands-on supervision.
- Agility and ability to understand evolving priorities.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)