AI Strategic Sales Specialist
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAST: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Focus time, energy and attention on what is most impactful for the business and thoughtful about how and when to partner with others.
- Accountability: Hold self and others accountable to meet commitments and drive results. Accept responsibility for successes and failures.
- Speed: Execute with agility and urgency. Act promptly, decisively, and without delay. Make good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
As an AI Strategic Sales Specialist you will help lead the transformation of Talkdesk’s sales motion to AI-first, spearheading large and/or complex AI opportunities and enabling our sales teams to scale with a set of repeatable best practices in order to accelerate AI revenue growth. If you want to join a hyper growth company that will impact an evolving industry, then come enjoy the ride.
Go-to-Market Strategy: Partner with the AI Business Unit and other departments to define how Talkdesk is going to tackle the market and beat the competition:
- Demonstrate advanced knowledge of the AI market and competition
- Identify the target market, customers and buyers
- Understand customer needs and pain points
- Define use cases where Talkdesk can deliver unique business value and differentiation
- Develop global and regional go-to-market strategies
Pipeline and Account Development: Drive new sales opportunities within our install base and new logos:
- Create strategic plans to generate a strong pipeline, while meeting and exceeding sales targets
- Develop new ways to cross sell, upsell and increase usage of our AI solutions within the customer install base
- Develop new ways to accelerate sales of our AI solutions to new logo accounts
- Support the sales teams with existing large and/or strategic AI opportunities across multiple verticals
- Develop AI sales playbooks and necessary materials to empower the sales teams to scale through a set of repeatable best practices
Convert Opportunities: Successfully drive AI engagements with prospects, customers, and partners in order to close significant revenue opportunities:
- Build and maintain business and executive relationships with prospects, clients, and partners – engage customers in jointly addressing business priorities and objectives that align with their business needs and timelines
- Develop and deliver “art of the possible” AI sales presentations and customized demos
- Demonstrate deep domain knowledge of Talkdesk AI products and services – address customer objections, competitive differentiation and pricing questions
- Execute against sales targets for an assigned territory
- Accountable for accurate forecasting
- Excellent communication, presentation, problem solving, analytical, and solution selling skills
- Deep pre-existing network and successful track record of selling AI products (or adjacent) to that network
- 10+ years of sales experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- 4+ years of experience in Conversational AI / Intelligent Automation / Machine Learning
- Solid understanding and experience selling into enterprise accounts - must have a “Hunter” mindset with the ability to learn, adapt and improve constantly
- Contact center/customer service technology experience
- Prior success calling on executives in a highly competitive market
- Proficient with web-based demo software and tools
- Strong working knowledge of Salesforce
- SaaS and Communications experience highly preferred
- Articulate, passionate and committed to success
- Strong understanding of channel partnerships and strategic relationships
- Ability to travel 40% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)