Technical Writer - FedRAMP
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on redefining the customer experience, making the impossible possible for companies globally. We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits, and minimizing our global footprint. Each day, thousands of employees, customers, and partners all over the world trust Talkdesk to deliver a better way to great experiences.
We are recognized as a cloud contact center leader by many of the most influential research organizations, including Gartner and Forrester. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #17 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
At Talkdesk, we embrace FAST, our fundamental operating principles that define who we are as an organization. These principles drive us to make the impossible possible. FAS
T: Focus + Accountability + Speed = Talkdesker.
- Focus: Makes the very best use of your own efforts and those of your team. Creates space and clarity, so that you can focus your energy and attention on the things that really matter.
- Accountability: Holds self and others accountable to meet commitments. Accepts responsibility for successes and failures of own work, the team’s work, and the company.
- Speed: Executes with agility and urgency. Acts promptly, decisively, and without delay. Makes good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
- Talkdesker: YOU!
We are seeking a skilled and experienced Technical Writer - FedRAMP to join our team as a Compliance Documentation SME. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in regulatory compliance related to NIST SP 800-53, with at least 5 years of experience working with Google Workspace and AWS. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and maintaining technical documentation related to regulatory compliance activities and ensuring compliance with NIST SP 800-53 regulatory requirements and existing Talkdesk policies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain technical documentation related to NIST 800-53 compliance activities and align with existing Talkdesk policies and procedures.
- Represent Information Security and partner with engineering and operations teams to implement, maintain, and report on security controls in alignment with NIST SP 800-53.
- Work closely with the project team to identify compliance gaps and provide recommendations for remediation.
- Implement FedRAMP Continuous Monitoring (ConMon) program, including monthly reporting to Federal agency sponsor stakeholders.
- Research, analyze, and interpret technical information related to FedRAMP and NIST SP 800-53 compliance.
- Manage the FedRAMP risk program including holding regular issues management meetings with product and engineering stakeholders to ensure appropriate and timely remediation.
- Manage third-party risk management (TPRM) assessments and due diligence reviews of business-critical vendors, applications, and services
- Provide regular, written and verbal compliance updates to internal leadership and external stakeholders, including Federal agency sponsors, 3PAO, and the Federal PMO.
- Coordinate third-party penetration testing across the FedRAMP platform.
- Develop and facilitate disaster recovery, incident response, and business continuity exercises for the FedRAMP environment.
- Support the compliance program through continuous monitoring, evidence gathering, and control effectiveness reporting for ongoing SOC 2, ISO 27001, and HIPAA/HITRUST audit engagements.
- U.S. Citizen.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in a technical writing role with a focus on regulatory compliance, with a proven track record of success.
- Extensive experience with NIST SP 800-53 regulatory compliance obligations.
- Experience with Google Workspace and AWS is essential.
- Knowledge of the software development life cycle (SDLC) for SaaS applications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to deliver high-quality work under tight deadlines.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams.
- Knowledge of FedRAMP and other relevant regulatory frameworks is preferred.
Work Environment and Physical Requirements:
Primarily office-environment work, extended periods of sitting or standing, computer-based work. Limited lifting, and equipment usage limited to computer-related equipment (keyboards, mouse, etc.)