Senior Salesforce Developer
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on helping organizations around the world create better customer experiences. Our AI-powered cloud contact center solutions optimize our customers’ most critical customer service processes. We are recognized as a Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) leader by influential research organizations including Gartner. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint.
Are you a highly experienced Senior Salesforce Developer with a passion for innovation and a proven track record of success in Salesforce administration? Our team is looking for someone like you! As our ideal candidate, you will have in-depth hands-on experience customizing the Salesforce platform using declarative functionality and code when necessary to extend its capabilities. You should also have a deep understanding of Salesforce CPQ, its out-of-the-box capabilities, and how to properly extend it to meet business needs.
As a senior professional in your career, you should feel comfortable and confident in contributing to discovery sessions, acting as a technical advisor to our business partners and architects, and assisting our team in gathering and documenting technical requirements. In addition, you should have exposure to modern DevSecOps tooling and be able to assist the team in understanding the value of DevSecOps processes and how to implement and use these tools for development, deployment, and testing activities. You should also be comfortable analyzing the existing codebase and providing suggestions to optimize and reduce technical debt.
- Lead the development and maintenance of custom solutions within the Salesforce platform using declarative tools, as well as Apex, Visualforce, and other programming languages when necessary.
- Collaborate with business partners and architects to gather requirements, define solutions, and provide technical guidance on best practices for implementing Salesforce solutions.
- Participate in discovery sessions and provide innovative ideas and solutions to drive the discussion with business and technical stakeholders to identify requirements.
- Mentor other team members and help them grow their skills, knowledge, and confidence in Salesforce development and declarative development.
- Ensure the highest levels of quality in all development work by adhering to coding standards, best practices, and testing methodologies.
- Provide technical support and guidance to team members and business partners, as well as resolve technical issues as they arise.
- Stay current with Salesforce platform releases and new features, as well as emerging trends and technologies in the Salesforce ecosystem.
- Use DevSecOps tooling such as tools for release management, automated testing, monitoring, static code analysis, and similar.
- Participate in code reviews and maintain a high level of code quality and security.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 years of experience or proven expertise in Salesforce development, including declarative development and coding in Apex, Visualforce, and other programming languages.
- Experience supporting, configuring, and extending Salesforce CPQ.
- Strong understanding of the Salesforce platform, including its data model, security model, and automation capabilities.
- Experience with Salesforce Lightning, including the development of Lightning Components, Aura Framework, and other related technologies.
- Experience with integrating Salesforce with other systems, including REST/SOAP APIs, middleware, and other integration technologies.
- Strong techno-functional background, including experience working with business partners and architects to gather requirements and design solutions that meet business needs.
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members, with excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience developing and deploying in an environment that utilizes modern DevSecOps tooling for release management, automated testing, monitoring, static code analysis, and similar.
- Experience working efficiently in globally dispersed remote teams.
- Salesforce certifications are a plus, including Platform Developer I and II, App Builder, and Administrator.