Head of Sales Operations
At Talkdesk, we are courageous innovators focused on helping organizations around the world create better customer experiences. Our AI-powered cloud contact center solutions optimize our customers’ most critical customer service processes. We are recognized as a Contact Center as a Service (CCaaS) leader by influential research organizations including Gartner. With $498 million in total funding, a valuation of more than $10 Billion, and a ranking of #8 on the Forbes Cloud 100 list, now is the time to be part of the Talkdesk legacy to help accelerate our success in a new decade of transformational growth.
We champion an inclusive and diverse culture representative of the communities in which we live and serve. And, we give back to our community by volunteering our time, supporting non-profits and minimizing our global footprint.
The Vice President, Sales Operations supports the Chief Revenue Officer (CRO), Chief Customer Officer (CCO) and their respective leadership teams to create a clear, compelling go-to-market strategy and builds the operations teams to support that strategy. Specifically, this person will lead teams responsible for operations across sales, customer success, and professional services.
The ideal candidate thrives in a fast-paced culture that values strategic communication, teamwork and results. This position requires strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills as well as the ability to communicate and work with executive management. He/she will develop an excellent communication framework and partnership across the GTM teams, organizational functions and executive leaders while guiding and influencing larger, cross-divisional teams outside of his/her direct span of control in order to achieve company strategic and operational initiatives. This position will establish new processes/refine current ones and create monthly content for executive presentations and board reporting. Finally, this person will create and maintain Sales Department policies, procedures, training manuals, and sales-related resource material.
- Develop a data-driven, probability weighted bookings forecast for the business
- Drive continual improvements in our bookings forecast and pipeline management processes in conjunction with the CMO org
- Maintain regular check-ins with Sales Managers/Sales Reps and others who contribute to pipeline and opportunity development to determine how sales opportunities are tracking against plan and identify any problems for internal review and problem solving
- Boost sales productivity by refining customer segmentation/territory management, simplifying the sales process and identifying pain points at every stage of the sales funnel
- Track and analyze KPIs for growth, win/loss rates, upsells, renewals, quota attainment and identify individual performance areas for improvement
- Manage sales contracts, track customers and coordinate cross-functional activities across departments
- Present quarterly progress reports to stakeholders with actionable sales goals
- Partner with our Chief Financial Officer (CFO) and FP&A team to build a billings forecast and commission plan that fits within our operating plan
- Support SPIFF programs by updating performance, reporting and communication to participants to drive success
- Collaborate with Product on different pricing scenarios for new product launches
- Ability to size up TAM opportunities and identify go to market strategies and opportunities
- Execute strategic projects to enable growth
- Collaborate with Sales leadership, Legal and Accounting to enter new Sales markets
- Codify existing post-sales activities and research potential opportunities to increase efficiency via new systems, tools (including CRM, CPQ systems), and/or processes
- More than 15 years of experience leading sales strategy and operations working alongside senior executives (e.g., CRO, Global Sales Heads, Chief Customer Officer, CEO, CFO)
- Experience working in later stage companies and multi-billion dollar public companies with success in (i) growing and scaling existing programs, (ii) leading successful, high performing teams in a fast-paced environment and (iii) working in an evolving environment that requires adjusting strategies and realigning priorities constantly
- Strategic forward-thinker who anticipates needs and gets in to do the work/execute flawlessly
- Ability to understand high-level sales strategies, translate them into system and process requirements, and ensure local execution and business impact
- Ability to multitask and prioritize to manage multiple projects on tight timelines
- Strong influencer who can generate support from leaders and earn credibility through process and systems expertise
- Analytical, lead with critical reasoning and creative problem solving, and use data to drive influence and strategy
- Fluent in systems and sales tools, including CRMs (e.g., Salesforce) and CPQs