Manager, Strategic Finance (R&D)
Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, February 8, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
We're looking to hire a Strategic Finance Manager, partnering with our Research & Development organization (R&D) here at Rippling. R&D covers Engineering, Product, and Design. The role is based in San Francisco, CA. This role will work directly with senior management within the R&D organization and will have significant executive exposure.
R&D is critical to building the products that power Rippling’s growth and this position is fundamental to driving strategic and financial initiatives. This role will be responsible for leading annual and quarterly financial planning activities across R&D, performance tracking against plan, analysis of new initiatives, and partnership with key cross-functional stakeholders. There will be an emphasis on drawing insights from R&D specific metrics and cloud / product specific financial reporting.
What you will do
- Work closely with R&D leadership, cross-functional partners, and colleagues across the Finance organization
- Lead monthly close and re-forecast process, including monthly live reviews with Infrastructure leadership
- Coordinate with Accounting partners to ensure coordination of information during close cycles
- Work closely with Corporate FP&A to evolve R&D reporting strategy and adoption of Systems (ex. Anaplan)
- Manage R&D headcount planning and tracking throughout the year, leveraging Rippling’s Headcount Planning tool to enhance visibility and accelerate decisions
- Support the launch of new initiatives including modeling new products (top and bottom line) to support decision making
- Coordinate with and present to key executives to support in quarterly and annual strategic and financial planning discussions
- Drive a greater depth of understanding and buy-in around R&D financial and operational metrics
- Partner with the business and cross-functional team members to develop and maintain robust, scalable forecasting models
- Coordinate and prepare materials for executive review, including for board meetings
What you will need
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative field, MBA or equivalent preferred
- Minimum 5+ years of finance experience
- Experience with Anaplan or other FP&A planning tools
- SaaS experience in a high growth start-up or technology company preferred but not required
- Strong financial modeling and analysis experience with the ability to simplify complex problems into intuitive models
- Excellent communication - written, verbal, and presentation
- Experience partnering with Engineering and Product teams a bonus
- Self-starter with excellent time management skills
- Passion for fast-paced entrepreneurial work environments
- Organized, attentive to detail, and intellectually curious
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with the range below based on location.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.