Staff Software Engineer, Spend Management
About the role
What you will do
- Craft exceptional platform solutions that will benefit multiple teams to create a seamless user experience.
- Be hands-on in technical architecture and be the liaison between between product leadership, engineering leadership, and technical workstreams
- Tackle complex engineering challenges, leveraging your expertise to devise ingenious solutions that push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Assume clear ownership of your projects, empowering you to make impactful decisions and drive their successful implementation.
- Play a pivotal role in leading and mentoring highly talented engineers across Spend Management.
- Immerse yourself in one of Rippling's newest and most influential products, becoming a true authority and contributing to its ongoing development.
What you will need
- Possess a keen product intuition that fuels your passion for exceptional design and user experience. You possess a natural ability to identify areas for improvement and possess the drive to make them a reality.
- Thrive in fast-paced environments, showcasing your entrepreneurial and engineering mindsets by proactively identifying significant challenges and skillfully resolving them.
- Demonstrate a track record of 7+ years of professional experience utilizing a modern backend programming language (i.e. Python, Java, Kotlin, C++) for APIs, batch jobs, etc. Experience with a frontend language/framework (i.e. React, Ruby/Rails) would be a plus.
- Showcase your expertise in building products from inception to completion, illustrating your ability to navigate the entire development lifecycle and deliver exceptional results.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, providing you with a solid foundation to tackle complex technical problems and drive innovation.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture