Global GTM Lead, EMEA/APAC
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 23, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
After becoming one of the fastest growing startups in the United States ($0 → $11B) Rippling is setting its sights on EMEA and APAC. That’s where you come in.
We’re looking for a marketing leader with a GM and founder’s mindset to lead Go-to-Market and growth marketing for our global products. This person needs to deeply understand the EMEA market and can drive Go-to-Market and growth initiatives that maximize pipeline and revenue for the market. While experience in APAC is not required, this person should demonstrate a strong intuition and framework to new markets.
As a Marketing Lead, you’ll orchestrate the Go-to-Market for our global products in international markets. You will gather and analyze market insights to ensure we build the right products, tell the right stories, and target the right segments with the right positioning and messaging so our sales team can win. You will also directly experiment and own specific growth channels and campaigns that drive pipeline for the market.
This role is highly cross-functional. You will work closely with Rippling’s Marketing, Sales, and Product teams. We’d love to talk to you if you have a strong owner mindset, obsess over customers, exhibit sharp product instincts, and get excited by being hands on with data and growth marketing.
This role is based in Dublin, London, or San Francisco.
What you will do
- Own the end-to-end GTM strategy, execution, and performance of our global products in EMEA and APAC
- Conduct deep customer research and synthesize insights about our target audiences, personas, and where we win
- Drive pipeline for our EMEA & APAC sales team. You’ll run campaigns and experiments across multiple channels to hit aggressive pipeline targets, while maintaining the right level of CAC efficiency
- Build a GTM playbook for global products in international markets. You’ll work closely with sales, sales development to build a repeatable go-to-market and demand generation playbook for our EMEA and APAC markets.
- Collaborate with stakeholders across multiple teams to execute complex cross-functional initiatives that move the business forward.
- Educate our sales teams on products and create sales tools / collateral to help them win.
- Roll up your sleeves as we build from 0>1 and beyond. We have a lot to do with a lean team in international markets.
What you will need
- Understanding of culture and buying habits across multiple countries. You’ll need to understand and have experiences in at least two of these markets: Benelux, DACH, UK&I, Spain, and France.
- Fluent in English and either German, Dutch, Spanish or French. While we’ll give you translation support, we’ll need you to be fluent in at least 2 of the 5 languages listed above.
- 6+ years of experience in consulting, business operations, general management, product, or product marketing. B2B experience is strongly preferred.
- A hacker’s mentality. You obsess over finding novel ways to hit goals—even when the conventional wisdom says you’re wrong.
- Experience in growth marketing across multiple channels (SEM, email, paid social, SEO, field marketing etc.) is preferred, but not required. You will get demand generation support, but it’s helpful to have intuitions around these channels.
- Extreme autonomy and ownership. As the pipeline owner, we’ll expect you to be able to operate autonomously to hit your goals.
- Strong attention to detail. You can dive into the weeds with your team and pick up on the seemingly small, yet important, details.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You’ll regularly communicate directly with executives and other senior leaders.
- Bias for speed. We move very quickly, and will expect you to set a similar pace for your team.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.