Director, Global Fraud Risk
Accounting & Finance
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, January 9, 2024
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
As the Director of Fraud at Rippling, you will play a crucial role in safeguarding our clients' financial integrity by identifying and mitigating fraud risks across our global suite of financial products. You will lead our fraud prevention and detection efforts, working closely with data science, security, and relevant product teams. Your responsibilities will include:
What you will do
- Oversee fraud risk management across our portfolio of financial products; develop and implement strategies and processes to proactively prevent and detect fraud, including ACH and bank transfer fraud, account takeovers, and card transaction fraud
- Partner with data science to utilize advanced fraud detection tools and techniques to identify suspicious activities and patterns, conducting thorough investigations when necessary.
- Build and lead a high-performing fraud prevention team, providing guidance and mentorship to team members.
- Continuously assess and analyze fraud risks associated with our financial products and operations, implementing measures to mitigate those risks
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including IT, security, finance, legal, and data science, to develop and implement a holistic fraud prevention strategy.
- Partner with R&D to design, build, and maintain fraud detection and investigation tools
- Ensure compliance with industry regulations and standards related to fraud prevention and reporting.
- Prepare and present regular reports on fraud trends, incidents, and mitigation efforts to senior management and stakeholders.
- Evaluate and implement cutting-edge fraud detection technologies and tools to enhance our fraud prevention capabilities.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (e.g. Math, Statistics, Operations Research), Master's degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience (7+ years) in commercial fraud prevention and detection, preferably in the financial technology sector, across all forms of payments
- Deep understanding of payments risks and funds flows, specifically within ACH and bank transfer fraud, account takeovers, and card transaction fraud
- Excellence in data literacy and analytical integrity
- Experience leading and mentoring risk management teams
- Knowledge of industry regulations and compliance requirements related to fraud prevention.
- Effective communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to adapt to a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.