Director, Global Credit Risk
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 28, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Rippling is seeking a highly skilled and experienced Director of Credit Risk to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for managing global commercial credit risk across our card lending, payments, and payroll products. As a key member of our financial leadership team, you will play a critical role in ensuring the financial stability and security of our business. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in credit risk management, exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to drive strategic initiatives to mitigate risks and support our growth.
What you will do
- Oversee customer credit risk management across our portfolio of products, ensuring we are appropriately taking on and managing credit in alignment with our risk appetite
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to develop and refine credit policies, procedures, and guidelines to ensure they remain effective and up-to-date
- Develop and implement effective strategies to identify, prevent, detect, and mitigate credit risk, including the use of risk models, monitoring, reporting and underwriting guidelines
- Analyze portfolio data and trends to identify emerging credit risks and identify opportunities for improvement through regular monitoring, reporting and ad-hoc projects to refine credit policy
- Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices in credit risk management.
- Build and lead a high-performing credit risk team, providing guidance, mentoring, and professional development opportunities.
- Effectively communicate credit risk insights and recommendations to senior leadership and stakeholders, both in written reports and through presentations.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as Sales, Account Management, Product Management, Engineering, & Operations to integrate credit risk management strategies into broader business objectives.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree in finance, economics, business, or a related field; Master's or MBA degree preferred.
- Demonstrated experience (7+ years) building and leading global credit teams in a high-growth, multi-product environment, preferably within the fintech, banking, payments, or lending space
- Deep understanding of small business, commercial, and corporate credit underwriting, modeling, portfolio management and the associated regulatory environment(s)
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong leadership and team management abilities.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong commitment to maintaining high ethical standards and ensuring compliance with all relevant regulations.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with the range below.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.