Sales Manager, SMB
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, November 23, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
As a Sales Manager, you will lead and develop a team of Account Executives for a fast-paced, high-growth company. Your leadership will have a direct impact on the growth of the team, the development of your team, and Rippling’s success of crushing revenue goals at record breaking pace. This position reports into our Director of SMB Sales
What you will do
- Manage, coach, hire and scale a team of Account Executives
- Assist your team throughout their strategic sales cycles by deeply understanding customers needs and mapping them to the value of Rippling
- Monitor sales performance: activity, pipelines, monthly forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Regularly report on team and individual results through pipeline management and forecasting
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency and productivity
- Lead the team to achieve and exceed monthly targets
- Participate in the hiring and interviewing process, as well as training and ramp-up of new team members
What you will need
- An experienced sales manager with 2+ years of experience in managing a team for a B2B SaaS company
- Able to accurately forecast team performance
- Motivated with a desire to learn and have a strong work ethic
- Experience selling HRIS/HCM software and/or selling security related products preferred
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive On-Target Earnings (base salary + sales commission) + benefits + equity. The On-Target Earnings* US-based employees will be 50/50 commission split for base/variable pay for the range listed below.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
*Commission is not guaranteed