Senior Content Marketing Manager, Finance
Marketing & Communications, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, November 14, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
As our first-ever Senior Content Marketing Manager, Finance, you’ll deeply research financial decision-makers at companies with 250-1,000 employees and own the content marketing strategy to engage, convert, and retain the business of these executives. You’ll deliver high-impact content that appeals to busy financial decision-makers, build their trust, and reveal how Rippling can help their companies win.
Through hands-on research, you’ll become the go-to expert in what makes our executive audience tick. What are the challenges CFOs face when growing their companies in the here and now? What keeps COOs up at night? What are the frameworks that decision-makers at upmarket companies need, and who are the thought leaders that resonate with them? You’ll find the answers, and build irresistibly valuable content to grow our credibility with this discerning audience—always accompanied by a distribution plan that specifically targets executives at companies of this size.
You’re a proactive marketer who knows the usual content marketing strategies. But you’re also willing to push the envelope with outside-the-box storytelling and innovative distribution tactics. You’ll be a founding member of our small but mighty Content Marketing team, and partner closely with our Go-To-Market Managers to understand this audience. But you’ll also be a self-starter with the mindset of an investigative journalist—eager to uncover your own insights.
What you will do
- Deeply understand our target audience: C-suite decision-makers at companies with 250-1,000 employees. You’ll immerse yourself in this community, both online and IRL, and report back with persona insights and content recommendations.
- Devise content marketing tactics to reach execs across a variety of mediums: whether it’s industry reports, podcasts, LinkedIn campaigns, or guest posts on Forbes.
- Drive content marketing campaigns from idea to execution. You’ll create plenty of content yourself, from blog posts to webinar decks—but you’ll also partner with Rippling’s writers, designers, and other creatives to bring your ideas to life.
- Evolve your content strategy based on performance, persona insights, new Rippling products, as well as developments in the news cycle.
What you will need
- At least 4 years of experience in Product Marketing, Content Marketing, or Comms—ideally in-house in SaaS.
- Track record of driving inventive content campaigns in a variety of content types.
- Homing pigeon instincts for distributing content. You deploy content for maximum impact by finding our audience’s chosen hangouts and preferred content types.
- Insatiable curiosity and research skills. You’re going deep to understand the desires and pain points of executives.
- Strong writing skills. You can craft a crystal-clear proposal, as well as draft an engaging blog post or video script.
- Brilliant brainstorming abilities. Not only do you understand content marketing best practices, you can also dream up witty, out-of-the-box, and even provocative ideas.
- Ability to prioritize. You dive into data and talk to cross-functional stakeholders to prioritize your ideas by impact.
- Confidence using a basic Content Marketing toolkit, from CMS to analytics to email marketing.
- Impeccable project management. You land the plane. You’re a natural collaborator, clear communicator, and super organized.
- Experience marketing to C-suite buyers is a big plus—but an insatiable curiosity to learn about this audience is much more crucial.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.