Senior Copywriter, IT
Marketing & Communications, IT
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
What is Rippling? Any company that launches 20+ products in 6 years defies easy categorization. Each of our products has taken the market by storm, but they’ve been missing crucial cavalry: storytelling.
That’s where you come in. You are a customer whisperer. You know how to communicate technical concepts elegantly—without oversimplifying them. While you can write pithy headlines with the best of them, your copy always proceeds from a deep understanding of a product’s use case—and the rarefied needs of discerning software buyers. You are genuinely excited to learn about a complex software product.
In this role, you’ll primarily collaborate with Rippling’s Go-to-Market team (GTM) on our Finance, IT, and platform products. You’ll be responsible for translating positioning & messaging into copy for new launches and refreshing copy around core product areas. Your deliverables will include everything from webpages to emails, video scripts to blogs, and datasheets to brochures. You’ll be joining a brand team of 25+ creatives.
About the team
Rippling’s Brand Studio is a group of 25+ designers, writers, and project managers who are responsible for telling Rippling’s story. They partner with teams across the company to guarantee that every interaction the outside world has with Rippling is a meaningful, memorable experience.
Within Brand Studio, the Copywriting team translates Rippling’s story into the written word. They own short-form copy across web, campaigns, emails, events, and more, working closely with the Go-to-Market team to support product launches. They ensure Rippling’s copy is always clear, compelling, and ownable.
What you will do
- Act as a steward for Rippling’s brand voice across the company
- Own messaging for multiple Rippling products, acting as a go-to subject matter expert for people across the company
- Concept, write, and edit copy across a range of mediums, both short and long-form, including webpages, emails, blog posts, and ads
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of Rippling’s corporate positioning, segment-level messaging, and product-specific messaging
- Serve as a strategic partner to GTM, translating industry and customer research into compelling, ownable product messaging
- Define content strategy and structure for marketing collateral, specifically webpages
- Collaborate with web designers and other Brand team members to ensure copy not only complements design but strengthens it
- Be an organized self-starter who can navigate ambiguity comfortably
What you will need
- A copywriting portfolio showcasing breadth and depth (web copy required)
- 3-5 years agency experience, 3-5 years in-house SaaS for a highly technical audience
- Track record of collaborating with internal clients
- Ability to challenge others directly—and change one’s mind when challenged
- Writing chops up and down the funnel, from brand awareness to direct response copywriting
- Ability to see projects through with minimal guidance
- Willingness to brainstorm the big picture and obsessively line-edit
- Knowledge about the SaaS space and curiosity about Rippling’s customers
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.