Benefits Account Executive
Accounting & Finance, Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Sunday, October 22, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
As a Benefits Account Executive, you’ll help small business owners evaluate & implement health insurance for their employees. You’ll provide quotes and make recommendations that ultimately help our customers achieve their benefit goals. While working directly with customers and the Rippling product, you’ll also work cross-functionally to build scalable workflows that increase your own productivity and efficiency. This is an exciting opportunity to join a “startup within a startup” as a foundational member of our Benefits Account Executive team.
What you will do
- Transform the complicated world of health insurance into clear concepts that lead to an effective buying experience, ultimately resulting in net new business.
- Work in conjunction with the “Core” AEs as an Insurance subject matter expert, for all new logos evaluating the broader Rippling solution. These will be inbound leads and make up 75% of your pipeline.
- Prospect into your book of business, who will all be Rippling customers, and educate them on the value of offering health insurance for their teams, through Rippling. These will be outbound opportunities you are responsible for generating and will make up the other 25% of your pipeline.
What you will need
- Two or more years in a high velocity, high volume, sales environment. Experience in health insurance space is a plus but not a requirement.
- Excellent client-facing communication skills, in both verbal and written form
- Competitive and collaborative spirit with a track record of meeting or exceeding sales targets, and a desire to improve the team around them
- Already licensed to sell health insurance, or the willingness and ability to get licensed immediately upon hire.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive On-Target Earnings (base salary + sales commission) + benefits + equity. The On-Target Earnings* US-based employees will be 50/50 commission split for base/variable pay for the range listed below.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.