Senior Software Engineer, Growth (Ads)
Software Engineering, Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors-including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks - and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500).
About The Role
Join the Ads Platform team at Rippling and become a vital part of our engineering organization. Collaborating closely with our marketing and product teams, you'll be at the forefront of developing cutting-edge infrastructure that delivers highly relevant content in the form of ads and emails to precisely targeted audiences.
By maximizing buying opportunities, you'll play a key role in driving revenue growth and ensuring an exceptional user experience. As we scale for the next phase of our journey, we are seeking a talented and passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our team in San Francisco, California.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our Ads Platform team, you will have the opportunity to:
- Leverage ML/AI to build powerful recommendation algorithms and generate highly targeted audiences at scale.
- Develop state-of-the-art experimentation platforms that enable large-scale Ads experiments.
- Craft high-quality software with meticulous attention to detail, utilizing technologies such as Python, React, MongoDB, Snowflake, and Kafka.
- Harness the potential of big data technologies like Apache Presto, Apache Pinot, Flink, and Airflow.
- Create robust customer data pipelines across diverse business systems, ensuring seamless operations at scale.
- Design, develop, code, and test software systems, delivering exceptional products and user-facing experiences.
- Collaborate closely with software architects and senior developers, engaging in state-of-the-art development work.
- Contribute to product design and implementation discussions, shaping the future direction of our Ads platform.
- Find innovative solutions and drive projects from conception to successful production deployment.
What You'll Need
To thrive in this role, we're looking for candidates with the following qualifications:
- At least 5 years of professional work experience, showcasing a strong foundation in software engineering.
- Proven ability to excel in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, adapting quickly to changing priorities.
- Demonstrated track record of developing scalable and extendable core services or products, showcasing your ability to deliver impactful solutions.
- Excellent communication skills, enabling you to articulate complex technical ideas with clarity and precision.
Join Rippling's Ads Platform team today and be part of a dynamic and innovative organization, where your expertise and contributions will drive meaningful growth and shape the future of our advertising capabilities.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.