PEO Human Resources Advisor
People & HR
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
Our PEO Human Resources (“HR”) Advisory team provides HR consulting services to PEO, ASO, and US EOR customers. As a PEO HR Advisor, you will deliver effective and efficient HR consulting services to customers of Rippling PEO (“Professional Employer Organization”). We’re looking for a self-driven, growth-minded “lover of all things employee management and risk mitigation.” You will serve as a trusted advisor to Rippling PEO customers, helping them navigate a variety of employee management scenarios while ensuring our customers remain compliant with relevant federal, state and local regulations. You’ll also work directly with Rippling’s product and engineering teams to improve Rippling’s compliance product offerings. It’s a highly cross-functional role with significant impact on the success of Rippling PEO. This role will be required to work Eastern Time to help provide support coverage to clients on the East Coast.
The PEO Human Resources (“HR”) Advisory team is a solution focused team that's instrumental in helping clients manage their HR compliance issues and reducing the risk to the wider PEO organization. The team works closely with Product Engineering and Support teams, as well as sales, marketing and implementation teams to help build compliance initiatives and train internal teams on PEO issues.
What you will do
- Provide accurate, timely advice to help Rippling PEO customers implement best business practices and reduce employer risk for issues including: Leave of absence management, performance management, terminations, anti-harassment, and other HR challenges that present legal or regulatory risk to their businesses
- Field customer inquiries as a trusted, highly knowledgeable HR expert; develop programs and processes with our sales, implementation, support and account management teams to meet our commitments to our customers
- Assist customers in managing employee claims related to unemployment benefits, state leave benefits, disability benefits, workers’ compensation, and employee grievances
- Establish processes to both professionalize our consulting offering and optimize our efficiency around these offerings
- Work closely with our product and engineering teams to develop a best-in-class HR Services offering that leans heavily on technology to ease the administrative burden of HR compliance
- Highly organized, self-motivated, and detail-oriented; great follow-through on projects/tasks big and small
- Have courage to challenge the status quo when logic and reason require it. See something broken? Fix it.
What you will need
- Minimum 5 years of experience in customer/client-facing HR consulting services
- Deep understanding of HR compliance rules and regulations across federal, state, and local jurisdictions
- Experience managing employee claims related to unemployment benefits, state leave benefits, disability benefits, workers’ compensation, and employee grievances
- Excellent client-facing verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills: high attention to detail with excellent work product, time management, and project execution
- Passion for technology, and a desire to work in an extremely fast-paced, high-growth company
- PHR or SHRM-CP certification, a plus
- Experience providing HR services to PEO customers, a plus
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.