Director, SMB Sales
Sales & Business Development
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 12, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
As our Director of SMB Sales, you will lead and develop a team of SMB Sales Managers and Account Executives for a fast-paced, high-growth company. Your leadership will have a direct impact on the growth of the SMB team, the recruiting, onboarding, ongoing training and development of your team, and you’ll be an integral part of Rippling’s growth. This position reports to our Sr. Director of SMB Sales.
What you will do
- You are scrappy, resourceful and a creative problem solver when discovering the business needs of your customer and understanding how Rippling can solve those challenges
- A great startup fit -- ready to roll up your sleeves and get it done
- Self-motivated and ready to hit the ground running
- Manage, coach and scale a team of Sales Managers and their teams of Account Executives
- Assist your team throughout their strategic sales cycles by deeply understanding customers needs and mapping them to the value
- Drive sales performance: activity, pipelines, monthly forecasts, and closed-deals to ensure quota attainment
- Regularly report on team and individual results through pipeline management and forecasting
- Identify and make recommendations for improvement in the areas of process, efficiency and productivity
- Lead the SMB team to achieve and exceed monthly targets
- Participate in the hiring process, as well as the training and ramp-up of new team members
What you will need
- High energy — we move fast at Rippling. We offer lots of support and collaboration, but also provide autonomy to make decisions and require an owner mindset from Director roles
- Be decisive, make quick decisions, and get input from others but we put an emphasis on executing quickly. Don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Experience selling into high velocity orgs (deal cycles less than 6 months).
- Experience selling strategic deals with an ACV of 5k - 100k.
- Experience being a 2nd line leader.
- Track record of success in similar roles at other SaaS companies who have experienced high growth and a fast moving environment.
- Open mind. We collaborate at Rippling and the best idea wins, there are no egos. We have incredibly high ambitions and we approach every problem willing to think from first principles to try and find a way to get it done.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive On-Target Earnings (base salary + sales commission) + benefits + equity. The On-Target Earnings* US-based employees will be 50/50 commission split for base/variable pay for the range listed below.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.