Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, July 26, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
We are seeking a motivated Accounting professional to join our growing Finance team as a Financial Operations Manager. You will be responsible for managing various monthly GL close processes, reviewing reconciliations, analytical research, audit requests, and other general ledger activities. This includes supporting the development of automated accounting processes for Rippling's evolving payments product ecosystem and banking transactions. This role may also include various special projects which requires communication and collaboration with leaders across accounting, finance, business systems, product and engineering. We are looking for a proactive individual who is obsessed with process automation, tuned into the latest technology and tools on the market, prioritizes cross-functional relationships, demonstrates a passion for continuous learning, and is eager to build at all levels of the organization.
Within the Finance function, the Accounting team is responsible for accurate financial reporting and compliance with financial policies and regulations. Our diverse team consists of professionals spread across the United States and India, with more international locations coming soon. Over the last couple years, our team has grown exponentially to support a complex, multi-product company that operates globally.
What you will do
- Proactively identifies issues and assists in optimizing systems, upgrades, and automation of accounting processes.
- Effectively assess risk over accounts and areas of responsibility. Apply judgment to ensure that financial integrity of accounting entries, accruals, and account reconciliations are intact, properly supported, and operating effectively.
- Support the development and automation of all financial reporting efforts related to Rippling's payment product ecosystem, including but not limited to payroll, corporate cards, rewards, travel, and bill pay.
- Build an automated process for routinely tagging, mapping, reconciling, and recording all US and global bank account transactions in the GL system.
- Build and manage various month-end close processes, including the preparation and review of account reconciliations, journal entries, and accounting workbooks.
- Manage the execution of various Accounting Requirement Documents (ARDs), including key milestones and deliverables, and track and report on status, progress, and risks
- Provide support to Finance (and other functions) on various projects that leverage Rippling's administrative data, reports, workflows, and integrations with other systems (e.g., Netsuite, Floqast).
- Assists in both internal and external financial audits and various regulatory requests, as it relates to regulated money transmission
- Performs special projects as assigned by management including design and implementation of internal financial reporting, identifying process improvement opportunities and suggesting/implementing potential solutions.
What you will need
- Bachelor's degree from accredited college or university in accounting or related field.
- Have 3-4 years of progressive accounting experience. A mix of high growth start-up and professional services firm (Big 4) experience is a plus.
- CPA is nice to have.
- Based in the San Francisco Bay Area with the ability to be in-office is a must
- Passionate about working in an automated environment and experience building workflows and maintaining accounting mapping rule interfaces between systems.
- Consistent record to multitask and meet deadlines within a fast-paced and ambitious environment
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation ability. You are able to frame problems and communicate to all levels of an organization
- Work effectively both independently and as part of a team on projects.
- Enjoy building relationships with key stakeholders and cross functional teams to better drive change.
- Have a strong sense of initiative and the ability to drive projects to completion.
- Experience with various applications such as Snowflake, Tableau, Netsuite, Census and Floqast is a plus.
Rippling is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce and do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, sexual orientation, veteran or military status, or any other legally protected characteristics, Rippling is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities who need assistance during the hiring process. To request a reasonable accommodation, please email email@example.com
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.