Head of Finance - UK
Accounting & Finance
Posted on Friday, July 14, 2023
Rippling gives businesses one place to run HR, IT, and Finance. It brings together all of the workforce systems that are normally scattered across a company, like payroll, expenses, benefits, and computers. For the first time ever, you can manage and automate every part of the employee lifecycle in a single system.
Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can hire a new employee anywhere in the world and set up their payroll, corporate card, computer, benefits, and even third-party apps like Slack and Microsoft 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world’s top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Greenoaks, and Bedrock—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes.
About the role
After becoming one of the fastest growing startups in the United States, Rippling is ready to up level our growth engine to scale to $1B in ARR over the next couple years, including through international expansion and the addition of new products like Global Payroll, Employer of Record, and Spend Management. The EMEA region will be central to our efforts and we are looking for leaders to take our business to the next level.
Rippling has established Rippling Payments UK Limited (“Rippling Payments UK”) for which it is seeking authorization as an electronic money institution (“EMI”) from the Financial Conduct Authority. Rippling Payments UK will be central in providing Payroll, Bill Pay, and related e-money products and services to customers in the UK and abroad.
That’s where you come in.
Rippling Payments UK is seeking an experienced Head of Finance to establish and lead its Finance function.
You must possess a wide range of accounting skills, be hands on, and possess demonstrable experience working in financial services firms, preferably in a FCA-approved role focused on payment services.
You will work closely with senior management and the Rippling Payments UK board and will need to be comfortable carrying out a wide range of accounting and finance tasks. You will also be responsible for adhering to all financial accounting standards and regulatory obligations for a newly FCA authorized company that is committed to establishing itself as a key provider to the UK market.
What you will do
- Establish and lead the UK-based Finance and Accounting functions with the ability to define and implement an effective controllership framework for Rippling Payments UK, consistent with Rippling Group standards, where appropriate;
- Contribute towards the financial strategy, opportunities and growth of Rippling Payments UK;
- Own and manage Rippling Payments UK financial processes and ensure all systems and controls are fit for purpose as the company evolves and grows in line with Rippling Payments UK strategic objectives;
- Have overall responsibility for the management accounts for Rippling Payments UK including profit & loss, cashflow and balance sheets;
- Have responsibility for the preparation of all appropriate company financial statements;
- Oversight of all mandatory HMRC and regulatory returns;
- Develop and implement appropriate policies and procedures for the function;
- Identify and oversee financial controls and adherence to financial procedures, carrying out regular reviews to ensure they remain effective;
- Work closely and provide support to Rippling Payments UK CEO, together will other senior stakeholders;
- Keep Rippling Payments UK CEO and board regularly informed of all key finance reporting, activities and financial risks to the business
What you will need
- Extensive accounting experience; from operating within financial services and in a FCA regulated environment;
- Formally Qualified - ACA, ACCA, CIMA with at least 5 years of representative post qualified experience;
- Experienced in managing and developing the controllership of a business;
- Ability to work with large and different financial data sets;
- Ability to analyse financial data and utilise information to make strong financially led decisions;
- Prior experience as Head of Finance or equivalent senior role;
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritising deadlines;
- Strong IT skills;
- Demonstrate and develop commercial and strategic skill sets;
- Able to maintain strong and effective financial controls and governance.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.