Staff Software Engineer, Backend Product
- High-value workflows that accomplish business goals
- Insights and reporting that drive business decisions
- Data that powers compliance processes and regulatory output
- Lead mission-critical projects and deliver platform capabilities end-to-end with high quality.
- Have clear ownership of one or many products or platform spaces.
- Get exposure to the partners and customers in different business domains, who will help provide feedback for your product space
- Learn and understand how your product can help Rippling continually differentiate itself.
- Build and grow your engineering skills in different challenging areas and solve hard technical problems
- Influence architecture, technology selections and trends of the whole company
- 7+ years of professional work experience
- Experience building large-scale user-facing applications and developer tools
- Expertise in building complex distributed services with high availability and strict SLAs
- Strong CS fundamentals, and knowledge of architecture and common design patterns
- You’re good at cross-functional communication with product managers, designers, etc
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact.
- Bonus points if you are proficient in Python, Django, and MongoDB
- Bonus points if you’re familiar with SSO with SAML and/or OIDC protocols
- Bonus points if you’ve previously worked with AWS and have working knowledge of observability tooling
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture