Director - HR Business Partner
People & HR
Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Rippling’s rapid growth presents an exciting opportunity to own HR end-to-end for our largest region outside of the US – India. With Rippling having tripled its headcount in recent times and with continued growth, this is an excellent opportunity for impact!In this role, you will utilize your HR expertise to support managers and employees in India as well as work with cross-functional partners and global HRBPs to drive impactful projects based on business needs.You will join an HR function that is in hyper build mode and as such we are looking for a roll-up-your-sleeves HR leader who can flex from strategy to building and everything in between. With demonstrated success owning India HR, we expect this role will grow into people management owning HR for other regions across APAC such as China & Australia.This role is based in our Bangalore office (3 days per week) and requires approximately 9 hours of US timezone coverage per week.
What you will do
- Coach and advise managers on employee matters including performance management and sensitive employee relations issues
- Manage day-to-day activities related to HR policies, processes, and programs across India
- Serve as the primary point of contact for employees; helping them navigate issues that impact their work and career growth
- Partner with leaders and Global HR Business Partners on the execution of seasonal HR programs and processes such as employee engagement surveys, performance reviews, promotions, etc
- Design, plan and execute efficiencies and improvements in HR processes and policies
- Own entire employee life cycle post onboarding till exit
- Track and analyze key indicators of organizational health and recommend ways to improve
- Provide tangible feedback to our Product teams to help Rippling improve its overall customer experience
What you will need
- 10+ years experience progressing in HR Business Partner roles, preferably within a high-growth tech environment collaborating with global teams
- 1-2 years people management experience is highly desirable
- Advanced working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including business partnering, employee relations, performance management, and local employment laws.
- Deep understanding of HR processes, especially hands-on experience in performance management, manager coaching and employee relations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Systems thinking, with the ability to balance tactical and strategic work
- Tech savvy with a natural product mindset
- Ability to project manage multiple priorities, communicate with various stakeholders, and meet deadlines to ensure timely delivery
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced and action-oriented environment; can positively operate with ambiguity to find solutions
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.