Product Lead, Identity
The product team owns Rippling’s product direction, defining what to build in order to solve customer problems in a way that allows us to succeed as a business. We do this by distilling insights from key stakeholders across the company, user research, product-generated data, and competitive analysis. These insights allow us to prioritize the features that we work on, which we define end-to-end with our design and engineering counterparts, to create a product roadmap. As the features on this roadmap get developed, we partner with the appropriate teams to make sure that they are properly launched and are set up to be successfully sold, serviced, and supported. We iterate on these features using data and customer feedback to make sure that they fulfill and surpass the goals we had when we decided to build them.
The Identity team’s mission is to enable the Rippling platform and its customers to use it as the single source of truth for authentication and security policy management across all users and apps, giving them the confidence to endlessly scale on Rippling and achieve compliance goals globally. You’ll work on projects like providing a single global Identity across all Rippling products and infrastructure, as well as delivering the core Identity offering to our customers who are looking for a next-generation IT platform.
You will own the products and roadmap for Rippling’s Identity platform
You will be responsible for solving for our customer’s pain points, especially for IT admins and partners
You will consider the long-term implications and scaling approaches for identity infrastructure that our customers and other teams at Rippling will use
You will seek out and speak with customers who are frustrated with their experience and help them focus on the hard problems – not the tedious administrative work that they are used to
You will be methodical with your approach; defining success with ambiguous data and making decisions with it
Be entrepreneurial - driving revenue for Rippling while building a comprehensive and sustainable product
You will work cross functionally across Rippling with virtually every team, all in purpose of freeing smart people to work on hard problems
- 5 years of product management experience or 2 years if you worked on identity/authentication
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or another relevant technical field
- Strong ability to motivate and inspire people to do their best work
- Experience with system design and concepts/protocols like OIDC, OAuth, Webauthn, and more
- Excellent written and interpersonal communication skills
- Experience with designing and interpreting user research
- Strong alignment with our leadership principles values: Go and see, never not my problem, we push the limits of possible, challenge each other, to name a few.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life, and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO
- Flexible work hours
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Onsite meals