Director of Engineering - Growth Platform
About the Role:
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic Director of Engineering to lead our growth engineering function. As the Director of Engineering, Growth, you will play a pivotal role in driving our company's success by overseeing our Growth engineering team, collaborating closely with sales and marketing departments, and ensuring alignment between technical initiatives and business objectives.
This is an opportunity to influence both our internally available growth channels as well as those that rely on the multitude of external channels. This is a senior leadership position that requires exceptional people management skills and the ability to form strong partnerships with stakeholders across the organization.
What you will do:
- Work closely with Product to translate business requirements into actionable engineering initiatives and define a strategic roadmap to drive growth and revenue.
- Collaborate closely with product management, sales and marketing teams to understand business needs, growth objectives, and market dynamics.
- Serve as a technical advisor to the sales and marketing teams, leveraging your expertise to drive effective decision-making and strategy implementation.
- Champion a culture of innovation and technical excellence, encouraging experimentation and exploring new opportunities for business growth.
- Drive continuous improvement in engineering processes, tools, and methodologies to enhance efficiency and quality.
- Provide strong leadership to the engineering team, fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and continuous improvement.
- Set clear goals, expectations, and performance metrics for the engineering team, holding individuals accountable for their deliverables.
What you will need:
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering ,or a related field (advanced degree preferred).
- Proven track record of success in leading and scaling engineering teams in a fast-paced, high-growth environment.
- Strong business acumen and ability to translate business objectives into technical strategies and execution plans.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with diverse stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining strong relationships with sales, marketing, and other cross-functional teams.
- Solid understanding of software development lifecycles, agile methodologies, and modern engineering practices.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities, with a focus on data-driven decision-making.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and priorities simultaneously, ensuring timely delivery of high-quality results.
- Previous experience in a leadership role with direct responsibility for managing and mentoring engineering teams.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed below.