Senior Software Engineer, Global Payroll
Software Engineering, Accounting & Finance
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Thursday, May 11, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
We Are Engineering-First.
Today 50% of Rippling is engineers, product managers, and designers. For our first three years, engineers owned the product without any support. Of course, we’ve grown a lot since then. But our culture remains engineering-led. Want to create something from nothing? Our team has 50+ ex-founders who will teach you how. More interested in scaling a product? Learn from Rippling engineers who cut their teeth at Google, Facebook, and Amazon.
About The Role
We’re looking for Senior Engineers to be key members of Rippling's next billion-dollar vertical. You will work directly with a few of Rippling's best engineers to build something that has never been built before. This is a high ownership, impact, and visibility role in building a product that will directly impact Rippling’s growth.
You'll also wear many hats! Writing and reviewing code goes without saying, but at Rippling, engineers do a lot more than just engineering. You’ll quickly become an expert on the product area and spend time talking to users, planning our product roadmap, and working on go-to-market initiatives. As an early member of a new team, you’ll also play a major role in shaping the team’s culture and organization to help us scale.
Interesting problems this team will work on:
- Implement an S-expression based calculator used for millions of calculations per second
- Abstract complex networks to build a generic API framework that is capable of moving billions of dollars.
- Play a foundational role in not only the engineering systems we may use (Rust, Postgres, etc) to build this product but also help drive complex business initiatives.
What You'll Do
- Develop high-quality software with attention to detail
- Ship incrementally and continually at high velocity
- Have exposure to the sales teams to prioritize what can improve our revenue
- Interact with customers and support them in being successful with Rippling
- Become the in-house expert on Rippling customers and competition
- 6+ years of experience in a production environment - Our stack is Python, Django, React, MongoDB, and AWS - this is nice to have but not necessary to join
- You care about product ownership and solving problems for our customers
- You’re passionate about being in a product-focused environment where everyone cares deeply about customer impact
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here
Tier 1: $168,000 - $237,000/year
Tier 2: $151,000 - $214,000/year
Tier 3: $142,000 - $202,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?