Data Scientist - Payments
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, April 25, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Data Scientist to join our growing Finance data team. This is an exciting opportunity to become a foundational member of the Payment Ops team, responsible for designing, building, and maintaining services that automatically process massive amounts of financial data, providing visibility into each step of the money movement lifecycle in Rippling's payments product ecosystem.
What you will do
- Operate across the data stack to develop KPI frameworks and deliver insight to stakeholders across the company
- Collaborate across the company with engineering, accounting, financial partnerships and product teams to analyze and account for billions of dollars moving through the Rippling payment platform
- Build full-cycle analysis using SQL, Python, or other scripting and statistical tools and develop real-time metrics dashboards to manage key financial and operating levers of the business
- Develop, monitor and maintain KPIs in order to measure operational effectiveness and initiate continuous improvement initiatives with respect to new payment products
- Deliver on initiatives related to financial strategy, forecasting and unit economics
- Own the underlying data fundamentals in support of these initiatives, partnering closely with Data Engineering
What you will need
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in Data Science with a track record of delivering impact
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation ability. You are able to frame problems and communicate to all levels of an organization
- Proven track record of working cross-functionally and communicating findings to executive leadership
- Experience partnering with Finance organizations on problems like unit economics, monetization, accounting close process, etc.
- Experience with data warehousing technologies like Redshift, Snowflake, Presto, etc.
- Background in at least one scripting language (preferably Python or R)
- Expert in SQL
- Experience with data visualization tools and delivering self-service reporting
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here.
Tier 1: $136,000 - $179,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above.
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?