Staff Engineer, Spend Management
New York, NY, USA
Posted on Friday, March 17, 2023
Rippling is the first way for businesses to manage all of their HR & IT—payroll, benefits, computers, apps, and more—in one unified workforce platform.
By connecting every business system to one source of truth for employee data, businesses can automate all of the manual work they normally need to do to make employee changes. Take onboarding, for example. With Rippling, you can just click a button and set up a new employees’ payroll, health insurance, work computer, and third-party apps—like Slack, Zoom, and Office 365—all within 90 seconds.
Based in San Francisco, CA, Rippling has raised $1.2B from the world's top investors—including Kleiner Perkins, Founders Fund, Sequoia, Bedrock, and Greenoaks—and was named one of America's best startup employers by Forbes (#12 out of 500)
About the role
Join our dynamic and innovative fintech team as a Staff Engineer, where you will play a crucial role in scaling our revolutionary product from handling millions to billions of dollars in transactions per month. As pioneers in the industry, we are reshaping the landscape of spend management, and you will be at the forefront of this exciting journey.
What you will do
- Craft exceptional software solutions with meticulous attention to detail, contributing to the creation of a seamless user experience.
- Tackle complex engineering challenges, leveraging your expertise to devise ingenious solutions that push the boundaries of what is possible.
- Assume clear ownership of your projects, empowering you to make impactful decisions and drive their successful implementation.
- Play a pivotal role in leading and mentoring a highly talented engineering team, fostering their growth and facilitating their success.
- Immerse yourself in one of Rippling's newest and most influential products, becoming a true authority and contributing to its ongoing development.
What you will need
- Possess a keen product intuition that fuels your passion for exceptional design and user experience. You possess a natural ability to identify areas for improvement and possess the drive to make them a reality.
- Thrive in unstructured environments, showcasing your entrepreneurial mindset by proactively identifying significant challenges and skillfully resolving them.
- Demonstrate a track record of 5+ years of professional experience utilizing Python, Django, and React, enabling you to hit the ground running and make an immediate impact.
- Showcase your expertise in building products from inception to completion, illustrating your ability to navigate the entire development lifecycle and deliver exceptional results.
- Strong grasp of computer science fundamentals, providing you with a solid foundation to tackle complex technical problems and drive innovation.
Join our visionary team today and help shape the future of spend management. Together, we will revolutionize the industry and empower businesses to thrive like never before.
This role will receive a competitive salary + benefits + equity. The salary for US-based employees will be aligned with one of the ranges below based on location; see which tier applies to your location here
Tier 1: $198,000 - $279,000/year
Tier 2: $178,000 - $252,000/year
Tier 3: $168,000 - $238,000/year
A variety of factors are considered when determining someone’s compensation–including a candidate’s professional background, experience, and location. Final offer amounts may vary from the amounts listed above based on these considerations.
Rippling highly values having employees working in-office to foster a collaborative work environment and company culture. For office-based employees (employees who live within a 40 mile radius of a Rippling office), Rippling considers working in the office, at least three days a week under current policy, to be an essential function of the employee's role.
- Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, HSA, Commuter, Life and Disability Benefits
- Uncapped PTO and flexible work hours
- Free onsite lunch
- Generous parental leave
- Transgender health insurance coverage
- Great compensation package (salary, equity)
- Fun, casual atmosphere and meeting-light culture
See more open positions at Rippling
Something looks off?